TMI... Tummy bug in late pregnancy :-(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Babyboomerang Posts: 543
Hi ladies, I hope someone can give me some advice. I picked up a bug last Wednesday and I can't seem to get rid of it. I know that I got it from eating at a buffet at Wednesday lunch time and by Wednesday evening I was having tummy cramps and was up half the night with the runs :-8 Thursday was pretty much the same through the day and night, though I was keeping my diet as plain as possible and drinking loads of water. Friday was much better and so by yesterday (Saturday) morning I thought I had cleared it so I ate as I normally would for the day. Unfortunately I was up half the night again last night with it and I'm not sure what I can do to shift it. I was with my doctor yesterday morning for my weekly checkup (I'm 37.5 weeks) and she just said to drink Gatorade to make sure I'm replacing the electrolytes and she wasn't too concerned about it. Is there anything else I can do to help clear it?
sunnydee3 Posts: 13
Hi Babyboomerang, Just to say I had the same type of bug last week (sick for 2 days, seemed to clear for a day and it came back as strong as ever the next day). It lasted a full week and then took me a couple of days to get back to myself, I just ate ice lollies (like Mr Freeze) for about 5 days. Doc said the same to me - it'd just pass in it's own time. Sorry I can't help with anything to take - just letting you know there is a bad bug doing the rounds
Thanks SunyDee, I hope it'll pass soon. I've been feeling ok since yesterday morning, which is a good sign, but I'm still going easy with the food just in case.
MrsDr Posts: 1316
I has the same, well thought it was gastroenteritis (sp) but Im starting to think it was actually body preparing for labour!! You never know Babybomerang, you could go soon!! Just make sure your drinking plently of fluids and getting lots of rest, thats all my doc could prescribe :thnk
[quote="MrsDr":3fklrssg] Im starting to think it was actually body preparing for labour!! [/quote:3fklrssg] This thought did cross my mind at one stage, cos I'd heard that this can happen, but so far no other signs have appeared. Baby isn't even engaged yet, so I'm not holding out any hope of an early arrival O:|