to AF or not to AF??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

naughty nuptials Posts: 517
OK, here's a question for you experts out there... I have PCOS and really irregular AFs. Haven't had AF for almost 3 months now, but I'm pretty sure I'm not PG, it's just my usual irregular cycles. Have been having acupuncture for the past week and drinking yukky Chinese herbs in an attempt to regulate my cycle. Wierd thing is, AF finally arrived today, or so I thought. All day long it's been very light, almost nothing, with mild cramps. Now I've got myself all excited that I am in fact PG (miraculously) and this might be implantation stage. My question is - are there any other reasons for having an unusually light period? Any ideas? Good luck to all you TTCers out there - hope you're putting those long winter nights to good use! :xox NN
madmam Posts: 1294
Hopefully you are pregnant, but it could just be breakthrough bleeding, wihich can happen when you are a little low on progesterone (I think!)
Thanks Shorty, you're just the kind of expert I need! What's breakthrough bleeding? Is it still a proper period? I was told that I'm low on progesterone. Are you TTCing yourself? NN
Its not a proper period, no, but it is the first sign that you are low on progesterone. Better to go the docs and tell them. There is medication you can take that will stop it and boost your progesterone levels (can't remember name right now). I was ttc, now I'm expecting (early days though). I'm no expert, but uou could log on to fertilityfriend.com. You could find out a lot more there! Good luck! :xxx
Ah, good on yer! hope you have a great pregnancy and a happy healthy bouncing bundle of joy at the end of it! cheers NN
Thanks!! :o)ll
stjude Posts: 121
i also am drinking those little balls with hot water..horrible
feelsobad Posts: 693
Oh Hope! Here is your twin, my AF has just arrived,have to say I am really gutted - had a cry last night. Really thought this could be it - had all the signs sorer boobs thann ever, heartburn, weird twinges BUT no it has arrived. So upset So I know exactly how you feel. Lets both pick ourselves up and go for it in Feb. 2007 has to be the year! Sending losts of babydust and hugs your way!! :wv
feelsobad Posts: 693
oops typed reply to wrong one...ignore last entry Naughty I also have PCOS - on clomid and take all those yucky herbs... yup think it could be a low progesterone thing. Or could be a period without ovulation. Did you check online?