To Do List - anyone have one

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

My Precious Posts: 51
Hi All Maybe ye can help me - i am trying to do out a "to do" list and tick it off as I get things done! ie Dress Venue Church Music etc Its just I know the obvious ones but dont want to forget any little things :thnk :thnk
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
PM me your email and I'll send you the one I did!
Bbeg Posts: 173
PM me your e-mail and I will send you on an excel budget thing I got from another Wollie - has to do list, amongst other things, attached.
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
Here is a Wedding Checklist for the last couple of months which includes re-checking things already booked too. Good Luck with it and hope this is of some help. :wv [b:2b7yimi0]FOUR MONTHS [/b:2b7yimi0] Choose and buy wedding rings Facial Buy veil, shoes and underwear Get garter Buy jewellery Buy accessories for bridesmaids Buy unity candle Get stationery printed Meet with musicians to pick out music Get addresses for guest list Register with gift lists Decide about drinks for reception Choose & order cake Book beautician & hairdresser Get marriage license Order Favours Book some accommodation for honeymoon Ensure mothers start shopping for outfits Discuss menus and reception details with Hotel Book music for reception - optional Confirm hotel colours etc [b:2b7yimi0]THREE MONTHS [/b:2b7yimi0] Try dress again with all accessories Book formal wear for groom and arrange fittings Ensure guest list incl. evening guests final Finalise order of service with priest incl. Readings Organise printer to print order of service Choose readers & others to be part of ceremony Organise hair trial Organise make-up trial Buy honeymoon outfits Organise flowers for the church Choose flowers for bouquets, buttonholes, etc. Get car ribbon Call band to get playlist Finalise stag/hen details and lists of people attending Send out invitations [b:2b7yimi0]TWO MONTHS [/b:2b7yimi0] Get injections Decide on certain music choices for band/disco Facial Get papal blessing Set up list of acceptances and refusals Buy presents for bridesmaids Organise present for mothers - flowers, voucher? Consult with mothers re. outfits Organise trial for tan Buy presents for best man & groomsmen Shoes, socks, underwear, cufflinks for groom Check with priest that all documentation is in order Buy outfits for day after for bride & groom Outfit & shoes for flower girl Arrange accomodation for out of town guests Get a guestbook & wedding album Print & collect mass booklets HEN WEEKEND [b:2b7yimi0] ONE MONTH [/b:2b7yimi0] Select music for ceremony Organise suitcases, bits & pieces & start packing for honeymoon Collect bridesmaid dresses Cake decoration? Organise seating plan Visit hairdresser Arrange for final fittings for groom and best man Fitting for bm dresses FIRST DRESS FITTING Confirm menu with hotel Collect wedding rings & coin, get engagement ring cleaned Something old, new, borrowed, blue Finalise photographer arrangements & agree photo list Finalise videographer arrangements Record gifts and write thank you letters Chase up late replies to wedding Arrange wedding rehearsal & dinner afterwards? Organise guests to do readings and prayers of the faithful Buy portable cameras for each table at the wedding - optional Confirm timings with all the bands and DJ Send music list to DJ Visit Priest (3rd time) Finalise vows, readers, altar servers, other ceremony details Organise passports for honeymoon [b:2b7yimi0]TWO WEEKS [/b:2b7yimi0] Arrange holiday money SECOND DRESS FITTING & COLLECT DRESS Collect BM dresses Facial Confirm: church - hotel (table plan, decorations, rooms, wine, etc.) - cars -beautician -hairdresser -photographer (and make appointment) -videographer -florist -cake -honeymoon -band -DJ Organise travel arrangements for guests and bridal party Prepare speeches Finalise seating plan [b:2b7yimi0] ONE WEEK [/b:2b7yimi0] Meet with sacristan Organise something for day after wedding? Pack for wedding night Print extra copies of directions to reception Ensure all suppliers have a contact telephone number for the day Pick up suits Call transport company with pick-up times & locations Final numbers of guests give to hotel Pick up cake Attend beautician Prepare nails Prepare false tan Check attendants know all duties - write lists for each Arrange cheques/envelopes for people paid on the day (incl altar boy) Arrange for clothes to be brought to hotel Pick up guests from airport Pick up flowers and buttonholes Give order of service to priest, organist and singer Give mass booklets to musicians Talk to band re: set-up Write thank you notes Bridesmaids gifts Groomsmen & Best Man gifts Get ribbons for cars etc [b:2b7yimi0]DAY BEFORE [/b:2b7yimi0] Deliver cakes & favours to reception venue Write a to-do list for morning of wedding Drop mass booklets, candelabra, etc. to church Drop favours, decorations etc. to hotel Church rehearsal Put out child of prague Orgnanise signs to church Pack emergency bag for wedding day Give payments to best man for the day Assign a bm to be photographer's contact on the day [b:2b7yimi0]POST WEDDING [/b:2b7yimi0] Arrange someone to pick up & return suits Arrange someone to collect gifts from gift lists Get bride's dress cleaned Write & send thank you notes to guests Get photographs Get video/DVD
Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
[color=purple:rdp8c7fy]It's v long but here you go: • My dress bought • BM dresses ordered • Mother of Bride outfit • Veil ordered & received • Reception • Church • Make-up artist (mobile) • Florist • Photographer • Videographer • Band • DJ booked • Wedding Candles • Invitations picked & ordered • Cake • Notification to the State sent & receipt back • Honeymoon sorted • Car booked • Pre-Marriage Course booked • Flowergirl dress & accessories • Suits picked & deposit paid • Get baptismal & confirmation Certs • Church music • Wedding Rings • Meet with priest for Pre-Nup - Clare • Meet with priest for Pre-Nup - Podge • Wedding Stamps ordered & received • Papal Blessing received • Book church rehersal • Order Ribbon for mass booklets • DJ Music List • Decide on Menu (almost there) • Day after Outfit • Print out accommodation, B&B and directions • Send Invitations - 1st May • Gather remaining addresses • Table plan (started) • Mass booklets made • Meet with priest to check mass booklets • Write evening invitations • Finalise details with suppliers: Photographer Videographer Cake Lady Band & DJ Florist Car • Church Musician • Brian to be fitted for suit • BM shoes bought • Bridal shoes bought • Hairdresser (mobile) • Ceremony music chosen • Underwear • Favours ordered & received • Choose hair accessories for me & BMs • Tiara bought • Get jewellery for BM • Get jewellery for me • Get jewellery for FG • Best Man & GMs pressies • Emergency Kit • Accommodation for the night after booked • meet florist to finalise flowers • 50% deposit sent to hotel • BM sample sent to Cake lady • Dentist App booked • Book Tan If you paste into excel & mark it as done as you go along it's way easier. [/color:rdp8c7fy]
201108 Posts: 196
Bullbee & Bride2b, I just PM'd you fmy e-mail for the list if you don't mind. thanks a mill O-O