to get dress made or not

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cabrabride Posts: 185
Just wondering if any B2b have got their wedding dresses made.. I am considering doing this , I would be grateful for any feedback on designers etc..
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Hi check out this website www.dresstoimpress.ie they make copies of all the designer wedding dresses at a fraction of the price. They are in Mayo though, I'm assuming by your name your in Dublin? I will prob get my dress made with them for €275!! I don't know about the quality but I would travel down to her shop and check it out first. If you see a picture of a dress on the internet etc they will make it for a fraction of the cost - thats what I did. My dress was about 6 or 7 hundred but the top was quite low and I'm big on top so I need to get it made higher. To be honest if your trying to save money I would get it made. Best of luck!
aperature Posts: 280
hi, i dont know what your budget is...but im getting mine made by roswitha molloy. shes not cheap, but she will design a dress for you and make it. i wasnt happy with anything i saw in the shops. i really wanted something with a vintage feel to it, but nothing i saw had sleeves. i have bad psorsis on my elbows so i need sleeves! so i made an appointment to meet her, showed her photos and clipping i had and she suggested some things and made a few sketches and that was that! im really happy with her, she's really lovely.
aperature, i heard of Roswitha Molloy before just checked out her website and her dresses are fab.
October_2007 Posts: 937
Hi Cabra bride, I got my dress and Bridesmaid dress made by a fabulous designer in Clontarf called Sarah Foy. She was lovely to deal with and her attention to detail is superb. I highly recommend her. She's listed in the supplier directory on wol!
aperature Posts: 280
yea roswitha molloy is great. what decided it for me was when i met her. she was just totally normal and down to earth. no airs and graces. and she had great ideas about things for my hair, veil and shoes etc. i like that i can have what i want, sleeves and a big long veil!! it is expensive though, my dress including veil will cost €2800.
MGTE Posts: 471
I second October 2007, I'm in the process of having a dress made by Sarah Foy and couldn't be happier, absolutely no pressure at all, told her what I wanted, showed clipps of pictures and she did up 6 different designs and I picked the bits I liked and didn't and having it made up in trial material to get it right before the real thing is made up. I've had great fun choosing the material to be used and watching it go from paper and idea's in my head to being the dress of my dreams.
thanks girls, will check Sarah Foy and Roswitha Molloy out.. MGTE see by your ticker we are gettin wed the same day..
October_2007 Posts: 937
Hi MGTE, Sarah is lovely isnt she?!! I got her to make another dress for me recently (for a wedding im going to) and she just did a fabulous job. Im half thinking of asking her if she could alter my wedding dress for me to make it in to a short dress so that i can wear it again - thats how much i loved the dress she made me....
october _2007, Does Sarah have a website