Menu

To go again or not?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

siofrac Posts: 6
Hi girls, I am a regular poster but going anon for this. I know ultimately it's my decision but just curious to hear other people's ideas/experiences. I'm posting in Pregnancies & Babies too because I'm not sure where is best to ask for advise. I have 4 children, 2 boys and a girl at home with us & our little baby girl in heaven. She gained her angel wings 2 years ago when I was just over 41 weeks pregnant :o( My youngest, is a year & a half now & I have a huge longing for another. I've always wanted 4. My husband, however, is happy to stop now (he would have stopped after 2!) He knows how strongly I feel & would agree to another for my sake, but is that fair on him? I know if it was his decision, he wouldn't go again & he thinks I'm mad. I know part of him is worried something will go wrong again too & I get that. My last pregnancy was very tough mentally, but it's something I am prepared to go through again for another baby. Obviously there are risks with any pregnancy, but with my past history, I know how that shattered our world & I'm so afraid of doing that to everyone again, should it happen again. I'm also afraid, practically, of unbalancing our life as it is now. It was such a relief to get our last baby here safely. Maybe I should be just grateful with the 3 beautiful children I have & I'm being selfish? But the urge to have another is very strong. Thanks for reading, Happy New Year to everyone x :wv
Rasberry Posts: 56
Its a very hard thing to answer for someone else..do you think you will regret spending the rest of your life not having another baby ....I understand your husbands point of view my husband is the same we have two and I would love another but age is not on my side and I see where he is coming from that it is a risk and why take it when we are a happy family as we are ......so I count myself lucky to have two gorgeous children who are happy and healthy and I choose not to take the risk and to be honest the cravings for a baby have definetly lessened as time has gone on... In a way you have your husbands blessing even though he might not want it he is still willing to go ahead for another baby if its what you want so really all that stands in the way of your decision is you... you will probably never regret having another baby for sure. what do the doctors say to you about it that should come into the equation to.
oldlangsayne Posts: 448
Firstly I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby girl. Such a hard one. I think I'll always be broody but I'm not having anymore because of the risk that something would go wrong. I have 3 healthy children. However I always wanted three and I don't think that longing would ever have gone away if I had stopped at 2. If you'll always regret it maybe you should just go for it.
oldlangsayne Posts: 448
Firstly I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby girl. Such a hard one. I think I'll always be broody but I'm not having anymore because of the risk that something would go wrong. I have 3 healthy children. However I always wanted three and I don't think that longing would ever have gone away if I had stopped at 2. If you'll always regret it maybe you should just go for it.
siofrac Posts: 6
Thank you so much girls for your replies. The longing has been there since my youngest was only a few months old, I thought it would go. I do think I'd regret not having another but I am scared. It's so hard to know what to do xx