To Loose 3 Stone??????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cherrypop Posts: 93
Hi everyone, I have some weight to shift before the big day. Roughly about 3 stone. I have joined the gym and i am also trying to stay off all sweets and junk like that. My question is how long should it take realistically to loose 3 stone. Now i know its not going to happen over night and i know everyone is different. would love to hear from any of you that have succeeded in doing this and also from the people that are trying to do the same as myself. Thanks all. :wv :xxx
sillysocks Posts: 1390
A few years ago I lost 3 stone - did it with Weightwatchers. It took me a while because I wasn't the most dedicated and used to go off the wagon more or less every weekend, but be good during the week. It definitely works if you stick with it! And if you do join the gym (and go!) you'll probably notice the changes quicker.
shadow Posts: 1866
realistically 1-2 lbs per week
x_x Posts: 1823
I would say 6/7 months if you stick to a healthy eating regime and exercise. 42 lbs to lose...2lbs a week...should take 21 weeks. Factor in the fact that some weeks you will fall off the wagon/just not lose weight. I lost a stone last year on a GI diet - am back on it again as would like to lose another stone....I find it brilliant. Not hard to stick to...I don't feel hungry. Weight Watchers just didn't suit me - I hate the public weigh in...and with work committments...just not practical for me. Team up healthy eating with plenty of cardio in the gym - I would stay away from the weights for a while though - concentrate on fat burning, bike, treadmill, cross trainer etc. Good Luck!
marianf Posts: 5845
I am with WW and it has taken me 2 years to lose 2.5 stone. I think it is different for everyone and also depends on your current diet. If you are someone who ate lots of junk, take aways and choc etc. you will lose it much quicker than someone like me who ate relatively healthily anyway. I would recommend WW though. You really need the advise and support IMO. Good luck
frillynickers Posts: 1765
also want to lose about 3 stone. I did ww 4 years ago and lost 2 and half stone in 4 months. Obviously I have since put that all back on plus an additional stone so want to lose 3 stone before my wedding next year. Its vital to note that I never reached by goal weight the first time because i didnt stick to it, I lost the weight as my H2B's sis was getting married and all the woment in his family are skinny minnis so didnt wnat to be the fattest one there. One the wedding past I fell into my old habits so starting fresh today. Im doing it from home this time, bought the scales and have all the books and a points excell calculator in work and have started to drink more water. I am hoping to lose the weight by Christmas or November or at least the majprity of it as I want the weight to be gone when I go looking for [u:24jahc30][b:24jahc30]the[/b:24jahc30][/u:24jahc30] dress.
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
marianf - good to hear that you were in the same boat I am in now. I lost 3.5 stone in 6 months with WW in 2002. I am back to 1 stone less than my starting weight now. The first time round I was eating very badly and so the weight fell off me when I stopped choccie, sweets, alcohol and takeaways. Now due to a medical condition I am on a very healthy diet and finding it very hard to lose the weight (doc was suprised I had put on weight after my operation). I am down 13lbs in 9 weeks. Also using the Wii Fit daily. Is 1lb an achievable weight loss weekly? Good luck to all you other ladies too - we can do it! :wv