Together.ie

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sheldonsfan Posts: 350
Has anyone done their marriage course through Together.ie? It's €100 cheaper than Accord so that's the main reason we are going for it (and my priest has given it the OK for us) so just want to see if any wollies out there have done it and what they thought of it as we are thinking of booking the Feb course?
Just to add I did do a search for this but only came back with really old posts from a couple of years ago, so was hoping for more recent feedback! :thnk
MadWoman2013 Posts: 528
I haven't done mine yet but this is actually the one our priest recommended to us so we'll be booking it soon!
Great stuff, well if you are not done by 9th Feb I will come on and update this thread with how we get on!
pinkunicorn Posts: 585
Hey :) we have ours booked for the 19th January. Im fairly in the dark about it too and booked it as we dont need to do a pre-marriage course (as a relative is doing our mass) but we both figured it might be beneficial and the together one is cheaper then accord. I will let you know how we got on :wv
thanks pink unicorn, I think it will be benificial too! Looking forward to hearing how you get on! :thnk
MadWoman2013 Posts: 528
[quote="Sheldonsfan":66qgv0wo]Great stuff, well if you are not done by 9th Feb I will come on and update this thread with how we get on![/quote:66qgv0wo] Do!! I'm dying to know what its like :)
Ok girls, so I'm back from the course today and I am really happy with how the day went. First of all it starts at 9.30 and finishes at 5 so packs lots in but there's no doing it over 2 days. There were 4 sessions in total over the day, each bout an hour or hour and half long. When we arrived and got a seat, we were encourages to say hi to ppl each of us, ask when getting married etc. then the first session became which was on relationships and communication, the guy giving the talk was quite funny and all in all it was pretty informative. They then gave us a written sceanio to discuss in groups so ourselves and 3 other couples grouped together snd discussed it. answers were then given and while people were encourged to give their views on the sceanario, noone was put on the spot. the whole day was very much like this, no pressure to contribute if u don't want to. we then had a coffee break and then back in for the 2nd session on sex and intimacy. We discussed sex, family life and then we the had to turn around to each other and discuss what we like about our other halfs familys and what we do not like about our own. Then we did a pop quiz which was quite interesting. The speaker for this session was the lady who runs the course and she was easy to listen to. We then had lunch at 1 and returned at 2 for session 3. This was done by the priest and was super boring but was really all the practical stuff, marriage in Catholic Church, marriage in law, mass booklets, church and civil requirements. It went on for about an hour and half so I was so happy when it was over. Useful though if u didn't know all that stuff :) we then had a short tea break and then the 4th session was from 4-5pm. It was given by a married couple who gave an account of their relationship and how they overcame their problems. There story was incredible and the hour flew by. They were asked lots of questions by the couples there and answered them really well. At 5, we got our certs and also a leaflet to give to ur priest setting out why the course is Catholic Church approved (but u really should be checking this wi your priest b4 u go on the course). We were also given CDs of music that were appropriate for the church and to give us some inspiration - it was a nice touch :) good course, glad we did it. Now roll on registering our intent to marry nx week :)
*say hi to ppl each side of us
Esio Trot Posts: 124
sounds good pinkunicorn! def gonna ask my priest about that so :wv