told work today

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

justforfunsies Posts: 2502
Was so proud of myself, my boss called me in today to discuss some work stuff, and work he's looking for me to take over, and I just told him!! So relieved to have it out of the way as I normally work myself up over stuff like this for weeks on end before i pluck up the courage!!!! I was expecting his face to completely drop, as I was brought in to replace someone who is just after going on maternity leave myself, but he congratulated me straight away. Still don't like him mind!! Another hospital question for ye girlies. I saw my doc for my second check up two weeks ago, whereupon he said he would send my letter to kk hospital, but i haven't heard back from them yet re my next appointment, like he said i would. Is it normal to wait that long for confirmation of your appointment or should i ring them to make sure they got the letter?
Leahxs Posts: 50
hi jff. Congrats on your preganancy Yeah i would ring to see if the hospital got it cause normally you should have your 1st hospital appointment at around 12 weeks ... sometimes these letters can go missing so i have heard... either way there is no harm in a phone call to them... best of luck....
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Congrats :o)ll With regard to hospital appt, I went to doc as soon as I got BFP to confirm, and I'm going private - din't have hospital appt until 18 weeks - I was going mad, but seemingly it depends what the norm is for the hospital your attending. I see my consultant every 4 weeks now, and won't go to hospital again until I deliver. Best of luck! :wv
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Its such a relief isn't it! Yes I would ring and follow it up just to be sure
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
thanks girlies. Tried calling today, but can't phone during work because i never get a minute. Called at lunch and they were on lunch...and then called right after i finished work and they had gone home!! will keep ye posted anyway.