Tommee Tippee Sterilisers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

samcro Posts: 738
Girls my SIL told me she bought me the TT Essential Starter kit :eek as a present and I'm trying to have a look around to see whats in it, but can't see it anywhere except for on Woolworths website. Is this is same as the Complete Starter kit does anyone know? I'm in shock, she said she'd buy the steriliser but was not expecting a whole kit :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
t2be2012 Posts: 718
wow that is some kit samcro..lucky you!!! its on the littlewoods website too!!!! i used tommee tippee steriliser and bottles and found them great the steriliser is pretty quick and is so easy to descale and clean!!!!! :)
wispalover Posts: 240
Sorry to hi-jack post but t2be2012 do you know where to get the de-scaler from please for the TT steriliser?
Daff Posts: 11644
wispalover just ask for citric acid in the chemist - you'll get a tub that lasts a lifetime and they should have the instructions for you too. You just add a little to the water, do a cycyle then wipe out with tissue. I do another cycle of just water to be sure and that's it - spotless!
t2be2012 Posts: 718
i got the one in boots, my aunt gave me a little pack of things she found really useful when she had her LO and they were in it so i kept using them. They are boots own brand in a small purple box and there are 5 satchets in each. all you do is put 80ml of water into steriliser turn on and wait for the cycle to be finished and then pour the sachet into the water. leave for 10-15 mins and give the steriliser a quick wash! then run another cycle to make sure all residue is gone!! i couldnt reccomend them enough!!!!
Wife09 Posts: 873
My one year old is up in bed, I stopped sterilising months ago and till now had never heard of descaling ! Ha ha! Is that in the instructions? I never read them properly!
Hmmm :duh: this kit isn't on the TT website.. I wonder if they've changed the name? There is only the Complete kit there..
i want one Posts: 2893
samcro it mite be here nice present too. got the citric acid in the chemist like a previous poster said, cost about 5 euro and the tub would last about 5 years id say. used to descale every 3 weeks just put a bit of the powder in with the water and run an empty cycle. then rinse out and then run a cycle with just water. im sure it says it in the box too.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
This could be it aslo in Argos I use the TT stuff and find it great. Nice present :wv
They seem to be the exact same package :o)ll :o)ll I'm delighted with it!