Menu

too early to start??

Go to DIY

allsún
Mini Wolly

Re: too early to start??

Postby allsún » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:45 am

I am getting married march 2016 aswell, I have designed my invites and bought the stationary, Just need to make them now, I have also done up the ceremony booklets, I will wait untill closer to print them though as I'm not sure on some of parts of the ceromony yet. I have also started looking a ideas for table numbers.. too many different things to choose from!! never too early to start!!

Sin16
Mini Wolly

Postby Sin16 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:50 am

Where did you buy your stationary to make your invites? I'm close to deciding what we would like and going to make a trial run and then buy the paper.

craftyPB
Woloholic

Postby craftyPB » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:58 pm

I'd highly recommend papermilldirect.co.uk - that's where we bought all our card - amazing value!

allsún
Mini Wolly

Postby allsún » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:44 am

I got some in powells in galway. But I got most of it in cregal art. They have this great thing where they have small folders and large folders. Each folder has a fixed price and you can get as much a4 card or paper as you can fit into them!!I think I paid 15euro two folders (for one of each folder). I have more than enough of card and paper, I lost count of his many sheets of each I got, I think it's over 100 each anyway.they also did a5 pearlescent ivory envelopes, I think it was 13euro for a 50 pack, they had other sizes too.

janine0187
New Wolly

Postby janine0187 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Ours is not until the end of July next year but I'm getting everything done now. Less stress. I'm on maternity leave so have more time. we've been engaged since October 2011. So about time

Sin16
Mini Wolly

Postby Sin16 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:15 am

Since my last posts on this post I have my invitations done! Major job done now.Trying to figure out my next project. I am doing my table numbers now. Any ideas what I could start next?

Kettles Hotel
allsún
Mini Wolly

Postby allsún » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:17 pm

Have my invites half done, they're all printed,just have to put them together. It's really hard to stop thinking about bits and pieces? I have my ceremony booklets designed will print them closet to the time.also have made the candles, found a good tutorial on YouTube was very easy.

Sin16
Mini Wolly

Postby Sin16 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:42 pm

Would you mind posting the link to that? When is your big day?

allsún
Mini Wolly

Postby allsún » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Wedding isn't until the end of march, but is nice to be getting organised with things that I can. A friend asked me about this recently so I have just copied the instructions and links that I sent on to her.

I got the pillar candles and taper candles in the E2 shop in town.

Sellotape white tissue paper onto an A4 sheet, and then print whatever design you want onto the page, just make sure that the tissue is well stuck down on all sides so it doesn't stick in the printer.

When the design is printed cut around it and place the tissue paper on the candle where you want it. Get a large sheet of baking paper and wrap it around the candle over the tissue and hold it in place at the back. This will help to keep the design in place, the wax from dripping everywhere and help to keep the candle straight.

Then with a hairdryer heat the candle where the tissue paper until the design is translucent, you'll notice it changing colour. It can take a few minutes, try to move the hairdryer around and not keep the heat over one spot for too long or the candle will warp.

When the design is see through, carefully peel the baking paper back, the wax from the candle should have absorbed the tissue paper leaving only the design.

Mine didn't turn out perfect, as I pulled a bit of the wax off by mistake with the baking paper, so I covered that patch up by putting a ribbon around it, no one would notice. I could have done them again but I didn't want to. You can stick anything onto the candle, I stuck little hearts on by melting another bit of wax onto them to hold them in place. Really you can put whatever design onto them that you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz8Ry9k9wEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1257_Td2Ag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwbax89QTXk

Sin16
Mini Wolly

Postby Sin16 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks so much! That's great. Definitly save a bit by doing them myself and so personal also! Love all these diy tips :)

Previous

Go to DIY