too many guests, where can I find a venue?!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Happygirlfrommeath Posts: 24
Hello everyone, just newly engaged here yay!!! :o)ll My problem is that my fiance has a HUGE family that he is close too and lots of neighbours and friends through sports etc...... It's not funny, our first attempt at a guest list totalled 395. Oh dear. I reckon we can get it down to 300 anyway, but I wanted it to be in a nice old country house type of place.... and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I'm totally new to this, but I know a marquee could be an option. No marquee place has called me back yet but are they expensive? Thanks all xxx[color=#FF00BF:2tatbab6] :duh: [/color:2tatbab6] OH I'm in Meath area but we'd look at other leinster venues if they were lovely.
GirlFriday Posts: 1815
I might be wrong but I think since the Bridge House in Tullamore was renovated it can cater for that many. It's not exactly a country house though...
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Maybe Johnstown House in Enfield...I know they have a huge room anyway not sure exactly how many they cater for!
mobmar Posts: 642
Would you consider the Nuemore Hotel in Carrickmacross? I was at a wedding there doing the summer. There were 350 at it and everything was perfect. Nice grounds for photos if you are lucky with a good day weather wise.
Oh yes, one of the problems with him being from a massive family is not copying them!!! His brother got married in Johnstown house Hotel and his sister in Nuremore!!! So I don't want to do the same a couple of years later. The Tullamore hotel seems nice though.... any other suggestions?? Am I just getting 'only-just-engaged' nerves and creating problems? :yelrotflmaosmilie:
mobmar Posts: 642
Carton House in Maynooth?
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
Knightsbrook have a HUGE room.. well its the two rooms with the partition taken down.. leaves u with 2 bars in it then.... but wudnt b crazy on the food there... but everyones taste is different, worth a look!
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Bridge House is a lovely hotel but it's location is not ideal parking can be a bit of an issue as it is right on the street. Tullamore Court Hotel is the better option in Tullamore in my opinion as it is that little bit out of the town!
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
Trim Castle is also worth a look! i dont know of any country house style hotels that could cater for this many people!
What about marquees? Are they nice? I've never been on a marquee wedding? I'll definitely check Knightsb in Trim and the other Trim one, I've been to weddings there and they were nice, but I wasn't thinking about a wedding for me at the time so didn't take it all in really darn it! O:|