Too much for invites?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daisy Row Posts: 3650
As some of you know I am going for a garden themed wedding and have now started looking at invites. BM's are in purple (slightly lavendar, it's called Smashing) and I am invcorporating lots of light greens and light purples in the room. Seen these invites and just wanted to gauge reaction. I'd be going for a slightly lighter shade of purple and green but do you think it works? [attachment=0:3uu325ed]5x7L-shellypurple1-lg.jpg[/attachment:3uu325ed] Is it too much? I'm trying to picture people opening the envelop, would they understand the theme I am going for or just thing holy hell that's a mad colour combo :o0
queen30 Posts: 1551
where ar they from? ive defeinitely seen them on a website somewhere. I dont know really, might be inclined to stick with purple and the cream bit and leave out the green. maybe im just being too conventional and safe though. dont think id think "oh god" if i opened it or anything. im having purple for BMs too but havent chosen invites yet.
Steph2 Posts: 1044
I think they're fab - very refreshing looking but luscious at the same time :) If you're having any doubts though then maybe keep looking around? I was having a nightmare trying to find invites but I knew I had found the right ones the minute I saw them, couldn't even begin to consider anything else now that I have found them, so maybe do a bit more shopping before you decide 100%?? Anyway I think they're stunning and would be very impressed on opening it!! xxx
LastRolo Posts: 6892
It doesn't really say Garden Theme to me I have to say, sorry but perhaps if the colours were changed it might. Have you got a sample of the colours you want?/
sfd Posts: 41
Are those invites from the Envelopments range? I think they're lovely, really good quality & not that expensive compared to others that we looked at. We went for a similar style, but with different colours - definitely not your traditional wedding invitation though (which is a good thing I think!).
flor Posts: 1621
i think they are gorgeous! :lvs and they definitely have a summery, garden-y theme to them IMO!! they have a sort of 'modern' garden feel to them rather than the wild vintage country garden feel. am having a christmas wedding but if it was a summer one I would go with that colour scheme (my BM dresses are a similar shade of purple but i thought the lime green was a bit too summery for christmas). anyway, feck what 'they' think about the colours & go with them if you like them! it's your wedding so you get to call the shots on the colour scheme!
excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
Your invites are fab, they are very like 'Legato' invitations
ohsotired Posts: 7071
For me I wouldn't get garden theme from it - if I opened the invites I would think purple is the colour of BMs and I'd probably just think the green was used to add some more colour to the invites! That's no necessarily a bad thing though :o0
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
This is the purple and I haven't decided on the green shade. The invite pic is only a random one I got off a site one of the wollies recommended. [attachment=0:3ro20tz7]95-SMAS-dts.jpg[/attachment:3ro20tz7] Originally I was thinking just purple and ivory for the invites but then I had a crazy idea that I wanted something more in tune with the theme. If not this then how else could you portray garden theme through purple invites?
Steph2 Posts: 1044
We're getting ours from this company:- http://www.farrellandchase.com/custom/wedding They'll print the invites in lots of different colour inks and you can have more than one colour to an invite if you want, so if you found a design that you liked, you could get them to send you out a sample and then picture it with your colours. They're very good and work with you to achieve what you want - just passing on the contact anyway. xxx