too much gaviscon?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
girls i had to get a script for gavison cos my heartburn is not even funny! they are giving me the big bottles and im goin through a bottle a week and im worried its too much cos i think its loaded with sugar doc hasnt said anythin to me yet but did anyone else have the same problem? i literally have heartburn no matter what i eat even if i havent eaten and it comes in middle of night and wakes me up O:|
bunnyhop1 Posts: 419
Dont worry the worst it'll do to ye is make u fart!! I would say it to the doc cause that can give u something stronger and since u still have a way to go ur might need a little more than just gaviscon!
babyforus Posts: 1619
Make sure you sleep with your head up on three pillows at least. I took gaviscon liquid but I just got it in the chemist myself?! I found milk great even though they say it actually makes it worse. Anyway I always went to bed with big glass of mill. Found remegel sweets good too. Your baby will prob have a big head of hair!!
justwed09 Posts: 2349
i had it on ds. practically from the day i conceived! said it to gp loads of times and midwives but they jsut said keep taking it, wont do any harm. rennes can be good too but i couldnt take them as i suffer from reflux and it would make it worse. ds was born with a full head of hair and went down the back of his neck!
mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
ah thats not so bad i nicked some rememgel on my dad so there liftin it slightly but i just wondered could i have been takin too much the glamours of pregnancy!! :o0
anika Posts: 2194
Ah don't worry, Gaviscon is totally fine. When i was pregnant with DD i had extremly bad heartburn too. No matter what i ate. I drank bottles and bottles of this stuff, Gaviscon was my best friend at the time. Just wondered recently, will i need it again this time?
angels 58 Posts: 236
going through bottles of stuff myself!seemingly harmless - ha ha lets hope so! rennies are good too. eh, anyone know if its true what they say, bad heartburn = baby with lots of hair?
Daff Posts: 11644
you can also take Zantac. It's a tablet and works for 12 hours. I was taking two a day and drinking half a bottle of gaviscon a day and still getting sick from heartburn :weep stopped as soon as DD2 was born - few hours later I ate everything they offered me for dinner and washed it down with club orange AND was able to lie flat afterwards without getting sick!!! :o0
anika Posts: 2194
[quote="angels 58":leh4uljp] eh, anyone know if its true what they say, bad heartburn = baby with lots of hair?[/quote:leh4uljp] I don't know how true this is with other mums, but my DD had a head full of black hair. So very true for me anyway.
Daff Posts: 11644
Both DD's had a full head of hair - in fact they both had mullets! :o0