too Soon??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pinky2008 Posts: 17
Hi i'm getting married next sep away and am still waiting on everything to be confirmed. I went looking at dresses the other day just because myself and my mother were passing bridal shop (not planned.) anyway i seen a lovely dress that was on sale @399 and now I'm thinking maybe i should have bought it? do you think it's too soon I wasn't originally planning to look at dresses till after xmas but can't stop thinking about this one?? O:|
Charli09 Posts: 235
If you like the dress then you should book an appointment and try it on. I'm getting married at the end of Aug next year and as I have a fractured spine I've been putting off buying and even looking at dresses until early Jan. I've called about 10 different shops and they've all told me the same thing that I've left it far too late and should have found and ordered my dress back in September/October. I'm not going to panic though :eek Best of luck!
pinky2008 Posts: 17
;o( u poor thing meant to say I tried it on and loved it but the top didn't quite fit properly although she said it could be altered think i'll go back try it on again see how I feel. my mam thinks I should try a few more shops before I make a decision :eek
Mrstobe10 Posts: 1793
try a few more dresses and few how you feel :wv
laceylegs Posts: 307
399! That must have been gorgeous!
spanishb2b Posts: 1261
If you like it then go with it. That's how I found mine - wasn't looking for a dress just came across it one day! I still sometimes think that maybe I should've tried more dresses but I think I'd probably always have that doubt even if I'd tried 100 different dresses!! :o0
bananas Posts: 440
[quote="Charli09":2p2j7n08]If you like the dress then you should book an appointment and try it on. I'm getting married at the end of Aug next year and as I have a fractured spine I've been putting off buying and even looking at dresses until early Jan. I've called about 10 different shops and they've all told me the same thing that I've left it far too late and should have found and ordered my dress back in September/October. I'm not going to panic though :eek Best of luck![/quote:2p2j7n08] I only went shopping in september for wedding at beginning of May! If you are in Dublin try the 'town Bride' in powerscourt shopping centre.
cazzie5 Posts: 117
Hey just wanted to let you know I am also getting married next September and I have already ordered my dress, tried it on once...cried, tried it on again and it felt like an old friend...know that sounds really weird but when you know you know as cliched as it sounds! I'm just delighted to get that bit boxed off, though I don't feel the same need to buy the magazines now...booo!!!Deffo try it again and see how you feel it's such a complete bargain!!
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
I don't have anything sorted about dresses yet! Mine or bm! Really need to get my ass in gear! Went into a shop about 3 weeks before I had dd and like the op saw a lovely dress that was reduced down to €350! The shop assistant got me to try it on but with a 37 week pregnant bump was very hard to tell! I was tempted to but it though but I didn't in the end because I wasn't sure if I loved the dress or the price tag! :o0 She told me though that they can have a dress ordered in within 6 weeks though so am definitely not going to panic! Might get a chance to go looking at some more in early December and I'm getting married early July! I'm sure there are places that will tell me I'm mad for leaving it so late but dd wasn't planned so there wasn't much I could do about it!
whchic Posts: 76
[quote="Charli09":fwfg09as]I'm getting married at the end of Aug next year and as I have a fractured spine I've been putting off buying and even looking at dresses until early Jan. I've called about 10 different shops and they've all told me the same thing that I've left it far too late and should have found and ordered my dress back in September/October. [/quote:fwfg09as] That's MENTAL.. :eek Sure that's nearly a whole year!!! I'm getting married in mid July and haven't ordered mine yet.. Have tried on a few alright but in none of the shops I've been to has anyone told me that I should have ordered by now, in fact most said if I've ordered by Xmas that would be time enough!!