Too soon to test??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrsreddy Posts: 472
hi Ladies, i posted this over in ttc but just wondering if anyone could offer advice. I'm wondering whats the earliest bfp anyone has gotten?? I was thinking of testing on sun which will be 5 days before af is due. I've been feeling very nauseous (sp?) and dizzy all week and i've a pain in my side that keeps coming and going. As far as i can tell i ov'd on 26th march. is sunday way too soon to test with a first respone? thanks :o)ll
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I would think it's a little early to test - the FR tests can be done five days before your missed period ... which is actually four days before your actualy period due date. I know you're probably very excited but for your own sake, if you could leave it a couple of days to test, you'll get a far more accurate result.
neeov Posts: 4256
test away but don't read anything into a negative result at this stage. i had symptoms at 10 dpo.
neeov Posts: 4256
& good luck !!!!!!!!!!!
yikesJune08 Posts: 395
Hi, Just a word of caution from my own experience, I was an early test junkie and I did get a very early +, only that it was before proper settling and implanting time and my little bean did not implant properly so I got negatives a week later, just be careful with early testing as there is a chance that you might get a + on what they call a chemical pregnancy, only to have a large blow if it doesnt settle in, it would save a lot of grief for you if you did manage to wait till later, but I understand the urge to POAS is very difficult to resist, C
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
hi there i got a positive result 8DPO, HTH and best of luck :o)ll
d\'smommy Posts: 108
i got a bfp 7 days before :wv
Martiespride Posts: 997
any news there.........
Mrsreddy Posts: 472
Hi ladies well i gave in and tested on sun mornin couldn't wait any longer. tested with a fr and got a bfn :o( still feel very sick today - think today seems to be the worst day over the past wk or so for the sickness - have the pain in my side today and still have back pain. the worst thing is my tummy feels huge ! even had to open the button on my trousers coming home from work (thank god i drive!) anyway af due on fri so not goin to test until then if af hasn't arrived. still hopeful! thanks for the advice :o)ll
Martiespride Posts: 997
fingers crossed for you. if bfn maybe try accupuncture...... it worked for me and you can claim it back on vhi health steps. best of luck