Tooth ache/ trob!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gottabfp Posts: 5641
Oh god im in bits, how am i going to get through child birth :o0 I need a filling or it pulled....can i get this done when pregnant?
blueboots Posts: 833
I had terrible trouble with my wisdom tooth when i was about 4/5 months pregnant. i rang the dentist and he said they would rather not pull it while i was pregnant but if it was absolutley necessary they would. I gave myself a few days and the pain went away thank god so didnt have to go to dentist.
OAT Posts: 2207
I got my wisdon tooth taken out when I was pregnant. It's safe after the 24th week of pregnancy
dangirl1 Posts: 298
Hi Gottabfp and big congrats to you! I had an abcess on my wisdom tooth in the first 12 weeks and ended up needing an antibiotic for it. Anyway the anti cleared up the infection but I did need to take a couple of paracetamol every now and then because it was killing me - tried to sleep on a bag of peas one night! Anyway what also helped with the pain was clove oil. Got it in a health store, soaked cotton wool and bit down on it for a few mins. Also rinsing with salt and water (though rotten) also helped. Hope you get it sorted. Dan x
mrswifey Posts: 775
I had dental work done before Christmas (big filling needed, couldn't be put off)- needed injections and was assured by my dentist and GP that it was all perfectly safe. Dentist said if it's work that can be put off, they will, but when it has to be done (I.e. you are in pain) then they will just do it. I felt guilty getting it done all the same in case it affected the baby, but it kicked away during the work, so I was reassured all was well!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Thanks girls, ive been using toothaid and it has been doing the trick, but last night it felt like it was giving up on me. its ok today but i am going to make an appointment for saturday to get it filled or pulled. thanks again