Tooth Ache :-( what can i take...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ScissorsGirl Posts: 785
Hi all :wv Just gone 15 weeks pregnant...went to dentist Wed just for a clean,i dont have any fillings and still dont need any...it was just a basic checkup and clean and polish... Last night and today my teeth are v sore and now my gums are starting to get sore... Hen did say i mite have some inflamation of the gums in couple of days due to the cleaning but its so uncomfortable :o( Is there anything i can take while pregnant? I know u shouldnt and i really dont want to take anything tbh but if it gets worse i wont be able to sleep, any advice?...
mommylicious Posts: 836
Oh nothing worse! You can take paracetamol. Just plain paracetamol. Nothing with an anti-inflamatory in it.
Daff Posts: 11644
Have you tried paracetamol? I'd start with this, fine to take in pregnancy - I'd my appendix out at 18 weeks and lived on panadol! Maybe gargle disprin to numb the gums? but don't swallow :innocent: :o0
ScissorsGirl Posts: 785
Thanks girls Think i heard something before about a certain colour pk of Panadol...is that right? If it keeps up ill defo have to take something x
Yeh it's the blue pack, can't take the green one that's fast acting!
OAT Posts: 2207
[quote="lovemybaby":1hsugck4]Yeh it's the blue pack, can't take the green one that's fast acting![/quote:1hsugck4] Really? I had a constant tooth ache from week 9 until I finally got the tooth removed at week 24 of my last pregnancy and I lived on the green pack... DS2 came out perfectly fine.... Why can't you take the green pack?
As far as I can remember it's a higher dosage?