Toothache and pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aston Posts: 4100
Hi girls, I had a terrible toothache last week and it went away but is back again this morn. Can I be treated in the dentists if I am pregnant? Thanks
stickytoffee Posts: 713
i looked up dentists and pregnancy in the very early stages as i really hate going to the dentist and was afraid id have to get something done!!!! they cant do xrays on you but as most pain relief they give you is only local (which is why normally only one side of your face is all numb and not everything) then its safe as it only affects that area and doesnt get to the baby. The dentist will be able to give you more confidence than i can, also might be worth while giving your gp a call to double check. its good to feel safe.
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
I had a wisdom tooth infection when I was around 10 weeks pregnant and the dentist was able to give me tablets for the pain - they were called methodryhazol (spelling??) and he said there was no problem taking them while pregnant. Hope you're feeling better.
aston Posts: 4100
Thanks girls! The pain has gone again! If it comes back I will book in but fingers crossed it fixed itself :o0 Thanks x