Top with Security Tag still on

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

clumsy Posts: 661
I bought a hoody type top in Vero Moda weeks ago and threw away the receipt but went to put the top on I noticed the security tag is still on it. What will I do I've no prove of purchase
bonita Posts: 1678
I dunno, did you deffo bin the receipt?? did you pay with laser or visa card maybe you could proove purchase that way or else try getting the tag off yourself. It must be possible
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
that happened to me too and I was in a different country from where I bought my top!I brought it along to a shop, told them what happened and they removed it for me.
McDanny Posts: 1435
Hubby managed to get one off a top for me a couple of years ago with the help of a pliers and some other implement. :o0 Took him ages though and obviously you don't want to damage your top. It is possible though.
mrs aug 07 Posts: 817
I bought a pair of jeans in French connection once and I just brought it into a shop in the town where im from and they removed it. They told me it happens all the time!
SaJa Posts: 4282
Same thing happened to me so I just brought the jeans to a local shop and they removed it for me.
beachgal Posts: 158
if you try to remove it yourself be careful as most have some form of dye in the tag that can explode, generally the idea if its stolen. But I'm sure if you take it back to shop they will remove it
blablablabride Posts: 489
Thief :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Thief :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Thief............ >:o) Only joking :wv
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I paid for a jacket in England and was allowed to walk out with the security tags on and the bloody thing went off, so the security guy was only laughing at me and sent me back up to have it taken off. I don't think I would attempt removing it yourself, just bring it back and explain, it probably happens all the time.