Topic of the Day: Instagram & Weddings

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

WOLPam Posts: 35
Hi All, We recently did an article on Instagramming your wedding - the idea is to create your own hashtag, guests can then use it to upload their photos to this photosharing platform and tag you - this way you get to see your wedding day through their eyes! Will you be having an Instagram wedding? Or would you rather avoid social media when it comes to guests wedding photos?
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
I have read about an app that your guests can share or upload photos to (not sure exactly how this works) but I was thinking of doing something like that maybe including the link on the invites or on the tables at the wedding.
nosie Posts: 449
I like the idea but read an article recently that pointed out the one pitfall of Instagram is that you don't have the photos afterwards. They are somewhat temporary, not very high res and you can't print them yourself. Also, videos will be saved to a square format. They suggested encouraging people to upload the original to a shared Dropbox account or something similar as well so the bride and groom can keep the photos as well.