We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ConfusedBride2Be Posts: 463
dita Posts: 960
I don't think you are being over sensitive as such you sound like a mom who loves her daughter and was rightly annoyed that she was over looked how ever I don't think you should make a not so nice situation even worse..you made your feelings clear at christmas I was just wondering was the sister aware of how hurt you were by the non present buying did your husband have a word with her....if he didn't then he should have and thats where the matter should end... you are just being typically female and keeping the argument going ( its just our nature not to let things go easily ) but seeing as you have made your point already about the sister maybe stop now with throwing the eyes to heaven if her name is mentioned I'm sure its not easy on your husband its not like he din't buy the present.. some people make mistakes and why not be the better person and give her another chance if she does it again next year then you can roll your eyes to heaven ......
NowGone Posts: 8042
Agree with Dita. Too much times has now passed for you to raise this as an issue, especially by throwing your eyes up to heaven - that really seems to p1ss men off. I think you're justified in being annoyed with the sister, but you should have mentioned it then. It's now become as issue between the two of ye. I'd apologise to your H2B for bringing it up now, but you're sure he understands how much it hurt you. Then try to foregt about it....People, eh? Feck the sister anyway - it's mean to take stuff out on kids.
Mrs2008 Posts: 812
I dont think you overreacted at all. My sister is in a similar situation and at christmas in her h2b's house all his family had presents for him and my sister and niece just had to sit there embarassed and uncomfortable while they watched him get his presents. She said it to her h2b but he did nothing about it. But she said she refuses to go this year and he can go on his own - it's probably what they'll want anyway. If it was me i'd have to make a smart remark and get revenge but then i have issues :o0
angel3 Posts: 1572
His sister sounds like a rite BIATCH - i dont know how you kept your cool with her the cheek of her to do that i cant imagine how you felt. I would have went for her :o(
Lollipop1 Posts: 185
I'm in the same situation as you, my daughter is 9 and my h2b is not her dad. If one of his sister's had done that on Christmas day I would be seriously p*ssed off. As a mother you never like to see your child feeling left out or different. I would have had a massive rant at the time though, I agree with Nozilla maybe too much time has passed to be bringing it up now. I wouldn't give his sis the satisfaction of causing any trouble between you and h2b x
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="ConfusedBride2Be":35m7vg4g]I have bl**dy issues too, I rang h2b to say sorry and of course had to say well do you see my side and it ended in a row. >:o( >:o( Im so annoyed h2b can't see my side. He knows the hassle I went through when I had my daugther and knows how protective I am of her and then lets his sister treat her like that.[/quote:35m7vg4g] I think you;re arguing at cross purposes. He's annoyed at the way you're going on now. And I agree with him (I mean the delay). You want him to (rightly) back you up. However, your opporunity for the moral high ground has passed, as has the arguement. For him, this is nothing to do with the treatment of your daughter, it's to do with you bringing it up now. It's a case of rubbing the puppies nose in it's doo doo three weeks after the doo doo was done. Men are like puppies that way. I genuinely think that this time, you'll have to suck it up and be the bigger person. Then, next time it happens (and it will) pounce on it immediately. OH won;t be able to ignore it then...