We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notmuch Posts: 14
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
Personally I think a time comes when every parent should want their grown up children to live their lives and do whats best for them. The fact he can be back within 24 hours, he has to live his life and take the opportunity, it may never call again.
TokenMale Posts: 6845
I'd say go. The world is a small place now, and besides, you can't put your entire life on hold on the off-chance something might happen at some stage. Given the fact that he has other siblings, I think he should go.
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
I completely agree with Missi moo moo, I think he should go for it! My hubby was afraid to leave the country for years (even though he did for maximum 2 weeks holidays) as his dad was ill, but you can't put your life on hold for reasons like this, as you never know when you will be able to do stuff again!
marianf Posts: 5845
I think he should take it. As the previous poster said he is only a flight away. At the end of the day, (hope I dont sound harsh) he could be away on holidays when something happens to her and he would be in the same situation. I am sure his mother would want him to take it. Not everyone gets the opportunity for fantastic jobs.........these should be grabbed with both hands!
Really appreciate the opinions :thnk Keep them coming.
chefmaid Posts: 2426
He should take it - You cant live your life waiting for something to happen...And sure once he can access an airport he will be fine
iheard Posts: 97
sure go, your only a call away, you can get a flight back quick enough where are you going to ? would yer not take this wet weather with yer on your travels and dump it some where :o0 All the best on your new life
twinpeaks Posts: 548
Unless new job is in the Artic or Amazon basin the you'll still be able to visit her and she can still look forward ot exciting tales of new lands adn new people. He shouldn't let himself be emotionally blackmailed into not taking up this chance based on the possibilty she may die. Don't mean to cound harsh, but anyone can die a any time, knoekced down, sudden illness etc etc. You as a couple have to make the right decision for you and your future and not base it on likelihoods and probabilty of someone else's mortality.