We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lucylou07 Posts: 560
Momof2 Posts: 3884
Hiya Yes I moved 3wks before my due date from Leinster to Munster so stressful enough to answer your question totally no hassle changing gp and hospital but it was weird not being totally familiar with new hospital but at the end of the day it all worked out fine don't worry !
arib Posts: 499
I changed GPs as soon as I found out I was pregnant. You pick a new GP (make sure it's one that does combined care for pregnancy), you fill out a form for them authorising them to request your records from your previous GP, or else you just write to your old GP and tell them to send your medical records to new GP. You will need to double check this in case they didn't get the letter etc etc.
aisleen Posts: 286
We're moving house in the next month or so. We're not moving far so i'm not sure whether to change gp now or after the baby is born. Its the thought of packing - moving - unpacking that's stressing me out. Its a huge amount of work isn't it? Aisleen
Momof2 Posts: 3884
aislinn one piece of advice would be to hire movers the company we got were excellent and took all that stress out of the move. Good luck with it