We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
bumble bee 99 Posts: 101
Hiya yea i had started a new job and following month found out i was pregnant was dreading telling boss but told her last week and she was fine i only temporary so my job not guareented when finish up was worried b4 but life is 2 short and just goin 2 enjoy pregnancy
brillbride Posts: 675
any boss who thinks poorly of this is not worth %$%%---
oddwire Posts: 842
From an employers perspective... I took someone on last October, around the time I found out I was pregnant, so that I would have an extra pair of hands and so I could take it a bit easier. Just after xmas she told me she was pregnant, so it's really frustrating from my point of view. However, even though there have been a few f*cks and b*ll*cks uttered behind closed doors, to her face I've been all smiles and congratulations. My biggest fear would be that if she was seen to be treated any differently or let go then she could have a case of discrimination against me. So I'm basically stuck with someone who can't do a lot of the work I took them on for (as it would be a pretty physical job and I don't feel I can ask her to do a lot of the tasks) but I can't do anything about it. It would depend on your position and the job, but probably most employers would feel some bit annoyed but shouldn't let it come across to you. You are protected legally if you feel you are being treated unfairly because of being pregnant.
brillbride Posts: 675
YEA I SUPPOSE IT IS DIFFERENT FROM DIFFERENT PROSPECTIVES.....GD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING ANYHOW.X
CarrieD Posts: 460
I haven't got a new job but was approached by my boss in my current job to consider moving to Dublin for a much better job etc. - the thing is i've been approaching him for the past number of months to discuss my career and where the job is going etc - now that things are starting to happen have to turn around and tell them i won't be making any move - it's hard cos have put a lot of work in to try move up the ladder as such but hey so be it - some things are just more important really
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
I just got my BFP last week. I'm 4 weeks pregnant, and in my job 8 weeks. I'm dreading telling them, as I'm still on 6 months probation, and really really love my job. I dont want to have to give it up. I'm even considering not taking full maternity leave just to hold onto it (I must point out, I only work part time so wouldnt be leaving a brand new baby for work)
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125