We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nissi Posts: 683
mrsgameover Posts: 383
I don't know if its a total no no for them to be in the same colours but to be fair I can understand your Mam wanting to having something different as she is after all the mother of the bride. That being said if anyone should be worrying about the colours and not being the same it should be the mother of the groom. Your Mam as mother of the bride gets to have first option on the outfit
Delphinium Posts: 3027
Agree that traditionally MOB gets to choose outfit first. But it does not always happen that way. I think what is more important is that the MOB and MOG co-ordinate so that their outfits don't clash with each other or with your bridesmaids. Imagine having one mum bright red and the other orange..... your photographs would blind you!! :eek Your Mum should not let it put her off - she won't be buying the same outfit I'm sure. So long as you know the MOG's outfit, and she gets something different in a co-ordinating colour or pattern. She should go for what she likes and what is comfortable for her. Best of luck!
mrsgameover Posts: 383
Aw nissi bride 09 I totally agree with you. When I went shopping with my Mam FMIL already had bought an outfit. My Mam knew she had an outfit but didn't know the colour as I had been very vague (on purpose). That way Mam felt at ease to pick what she wanted. H2B had already told his Mam that she should have waited to get her outfit and if needs be she would just have to change it. He explained to her that she would have her daughter's wedding to look forward to being the MOB for. At this stage his Mam has since bought another outfit and can't make up her mind what to wear. Might you get away with a little white lie to your Mam that she was talking about another outfit altogether so your Mam should just go ahead and pick what she wants cause you have no idea what outfit FMIL may end up wearing?
paula just noticed your post there. aw your h2b is so sweet can i steal him :o0 I dunno if id get away with that, i think il just wait and see what our next shopping trip is like and if needs be i might just do that. Thanks for your help :thnk
Rockys Lover Posts: 194
God what are they like - its really like a competition between mine! I told MIL that Mum wanted to wear gold/bronze cos she loves her neutrals (like your Mum Nissi) and thought that would dress her up, low & behold MIL goes out & picks gold & pale blue outfit (she normally only wears dark colours!!) Poor Mum was miffed but she since got fabulous pewter grey raw silk suit that is amazing on her & still kinda neutral - what made me think of this is that pewter would be lovely with purple if your Mum would look along those lines so then still "matching in" as such!