We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
:cool
Boomerang Gal Posts: 714
This happened at my brothers wedding - widowed relative asked could she bring her son and new girlfriend. My brother and his wife decided to allow it as this poor woman was a widow and they saw it as a chance to do an act of kindness. Apart from that it will make things between you and FMIL tense if you say no - I would bite the bullet if I was you and just allow it. You will come across really well if you allow it. :wv
NYE78BRIDE Posts: 60
It's sometimes easier to keep the peace I find. With only 2 months to go you shouldn't be stressing but I would firmly say that nobody else can be added. My FMIL keeps adding but my H2B is sitting down with her next week and trimming the list as there are people on it that neither of us know!! Good luck but in my opinion not worth falling out over. :wv
summersurprise Posts: 1276
[quote="NYE78BRIDE":1lq4gllm]It's sometimes easier to keep the peace I find. With only 2 months to go you shouldn't be stressing but I would firmly say that nobody else can be added. My FMIL keeps adding but my H2B is sitting down with her next week and trimming the list as there are people on it that neither of us know!! Good luck but in my opinion not worth falling out over. :wv[/quote:1lq4gllm] +1 :wv
elle79 Posts: 212
I have to say, I wouldn't do it. The cost of our wedding per head just doesn't allow for it - and I've had to sacrifce some friends so why should a stranger get to go?!! No way!
Elban26 Posts: 2458
It is very hard, but you would imagine that this couple would appreciate the whole inviting people bit and how hard it is to do up a list, when they're getting married two weeks later...... How would they feel if the shoe was on the other foot?? Cheek enough in my opinion :wv
mrspants Posts: 4652
With 2 weeks to go to their own wedding i would have thought they'd have more to do! Say no and stick to it.
I agree with the keep the peace people!!! Its not worth it to fight it....at all. Elle, you will probably find yourself mellowing the closer it comes! :wv
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
:cool
Mrs080808 Posts: 1569
We had the same situation at our wedding were we had invited a widow plus one and she asked could she bring her son and his wife and to be honest we didn't have a problem with it. For the sake of one extra dinner it wasnt worth the hassle.