=

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

stargal Posts: 462
=
excitednerjabride Posts: 869
heh we've gotten the girls jewellery for the day, bag for the day and flipflops for the eveing(getting married abroad and itll be v v hot), along with dress and shoes. Going to give this lot to them the week before we go away (so i dont have to carry them :o0 ) Also i picked up a nice necklace that we're going to give them during the speeches as a thank you and we're getting the lads an engraved hipflask each. Parents, haven't quite decided yet, maybe voucher for weekend away????Hope some help :xox
Emile Posts: 78
Saw on another forum regarding presents for bridal party the idea of a goodie bag for each person with individual presents - perfumes/after shaves, makeup, engraved lighters/glasses etc. Really like the idea of taking the time to individualise the thank you presents and as the other poster mentioned Boots have great 3 for 2 offers that you stock up on lots of nice things!!
-
makeupaddict Posts: 592
Im gonna make up a hamper like another poster has already mentioned. Included in it will be jewellery for them to wear on the day, a dressing gown (with print on the back), cleansing wipes, nurofen, bottled water (for that night and morning after!) and a few body products like scrubs, lotion etc..
oh i like the hamper idea, great stuff, if going away maybe add some suncream or aftersun or maybe some of that lifeline stuff or diorlyte(cant spell it, sorry), could put in them into a basket of wrap up a shoebox or something or even into a bridesmaid tote bag. I'm going to go with the shoebox i think, ooh cant wait now, love all this kind of stuff..be grand doing that just for the girls, wouldn.t it, fellas wouldnt appreciate it???
may2008 Posts: 455
i did hampers for my BM and flowergirls. in the BM hampers i had a small bottle of champagne, butlers chocolates, newbridge silver compact mirror with their names and date of the wedding engraved on it, body scrub and body butter from body shop, mini brush for their bag, BT voucher for mac makeover, molton brown goodies and a few other bits and pieces. for the groomsmen we got one a voucher for shopping centre, the other a psp (that was a joint GM/30th present for him) and for the best man we paid for his hotel room for the 3 nights. for our parents we got them vouchers for weekends away.
bride_2011 Posts: 21
Hi was just wondering when are you planning on giving the bridesmaids their hampers? I don't know if i should give it to the bridesmaids on the morning of the wedding or during the speeches :heartbeat:
we're getting married away and goin to have a few drinks and nibbles in my mom and dads the week before so going to give it to them then. Have a necklace to give them during the speeches that'll be a surprise as they think they'll have already gotten their present. Not going all out on the hamper though, just flipflops, bag, jewellery for wedding day, plasters, maybe if i can find the dove travel kits, likeline, compact hairbrush(like that idea), mirror if can find them and maybe other little bits i find before..oh its exciting
-