We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

another1 Posts: 174
crazylady10 Posts: 539
hi another1! Hope your keeping well. Im just coming up to the 20 week mark. Mine have seriously expanded and had to buy all new ones. I think your best bet is to go and get a proper fitting for a bra. I heard something about wearing bras that arent underwired. All mine are underwired but i think if your comfie in them they're not gonna do any harm!
blondiechick Posts: 1641
Don't think you have to start wearing specific maternity bras. i just went to Penneys, Dunnes and tesco and bought a few cheap bras. Your breasts will continue to increase all the time, so my advice would be to just buy cheap bras for the moment as they will only last a few weeks. Some underwired bras are ok as far as I know but I chose to wear the sports bras with no underwiring for comfort. I think underwiring only becomes an issue after your LO is born as certain underwired bras can interfere with your milk ducts.
MrsRugby Posts: 1532
While my cup size didnt increase much .... yet, my back did but i got the bra extenders and used them for a while if thats any help. Underwire bra's are grand to wear if like me you have big hooters you will need the lift. I got reasonable ones in M&S yesterday cost €22 just for a normal supportive type bra. I find the maternity/nursing ones funny like when i try em on, it looks like i have one massive boob :o0 :ooh
foxglove Posts: 587
[quote="MrsRugby":1f5u9zgg]While my cup size didnt increase much .... yet, my back did but i got the bra extenders and used them for a while if thats any help. Underwire bra's are grand to wear if like me you have big hooters you will need the lift. I got reasonable ones in M&S yesterday cost €22 just for a normal supportive type bra. I find the maternity/nursing ones funny like when i try em on, it looks like i have one massive boob :o0 :ooh[/quote:1f5u9zgg] :o0 so true! I only started wearing maternity bras, actually when i went to get fitted the lady asked was it maternity or nursing bras i needed. she said i could just get nursing bras and use them in the last few weeks anyway as no one would notice and it would save money. thought it was a great tip. i know once baby arrives boobs will increase in size but i have allowed for that. the are not the most flattering things mind, i feel like one of the cast of grease wearing them :o0
curliwurli Posts: 3369
can anyone tell me what shops you would find those bra extenders in? would they have them in debenhams or m&s maybe?
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
i used to be a size 34b, and when i was 12 weeks went and got measured, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,, i was gone up to 36d!!! :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek sweet lordy. i got a good maternity bra in shaws, and then once i knew what size i was, got some bras in dunnes. they are all nonwired, the lasdy in the shop said, not to wear underwired ones, especially for your milk ducts, and i have to say, they are soooooooo comfy,,(the bras, not the milkducts :o0 )
Daff Posts: 11644
Your milk ducts start forming as soon as you're pregnant so you're advised to were non wired ones from the start. I got measured when I found out I was pregnant and then again at about 20ish weeks. YOu get measured at 38 weeks for your nursing bra's - got mine at the weekend. God if you think maternity ones are unattractive wait til you get nursing ones - nothing sexy at all! More like hooters constrcitors. DH hasn't seen it on me yet, I'm too morto that he'll never want to go near me again. I started at 34 C and now up to a 38 D!