We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

another1 Posts: 174
marianf Posts: 5845
You don't pay tax on your maternity benefit so I assume that you are accumulating tax credits for the time you on maternity benefit so you can claim a refund at the end as your tax credits are divided equally over 52 weeks. That would of course be based on the assumption that you paid tax on wages at some stage in the year.
Mammy101 Posts: 446
[quote="marianf":1vlqug4e]You don't pay tax on your maternity benefit so I assume that you are accumulating tax credits for the time you on maternity benefit so you can claim a refund at the end as your tax credits are divided equally over 52 weeks. That would of course be based on the assumption that you paid tax on wages at some stage in the year.[/quote:1vlqug4e] I'd just like to add that If, however, you and hubbie are jointly assessed for tax, he can then use your tax credits that you've accumulated while on ML, to offset any tax he may be liable for. HTH
another1 Posts: 174
marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="olshue":1pc069d5] I'd just like to add that If, however, you and hubbie are jointly assessed for tax, he can then use your tax credits that you've accumulated while on ML, to offset any tax he may be liable for. HTH[/quote:1pc069d5] But then he'd get the benefit of the tax credits and you wouldn't get a cheque in your name....................all for yourself :yelrotflmaosmilie: Olshue, we are very close on the baby front.........hope you are hanging in there O-O