We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bfp4me2013 Posts: 760
Jacqueline Hyde Posts: 1145
Being a cynical aul biddy helps
Rogue User Posts: 6101
4000 + posts later you get a feeling for them :o0
Bfp4me2013 Posts: 760
And why do people create spam? I really just dont get it!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
If you look at the bottom of a post sometimes you'll see the word 'Image' or a link directly under the post. Not in the signature, some girls hav etheir blog addresses or whatever in the signature, but like in the body of the text. This is usually spam. They want you to click the link and it redirects to a gobbledegook site or else 'buy cheap shoes' Chinese site. Other warning signs are to look at the post count of the poster. Usually spammers only have one post and it's their first post and it's usually controversial/unbelieveable. Now this isn't ALWAYS the case but in general terms I'm wary of a person with one post coming on to post 'I just found my husband in bed with my MOTHER'. Usually that's spam.
twinbambinos Posts: 3492
[quote="licious":3qq92ect]And why do people create spam? I really just dont get it![/quote:3qq92ect] + 1 I just dont get the point !! More often than not they have the word Image or a link at the bottom of their posts and lately they just post something that another poster has said in that tread word for word !!!for the life of me I just dont understand the point !! GET A LIFE SPAMMERS !!!
ott Posts: 3920
[quote="twinbambinos":1cxt7syx][quote="licious":1cxt7syx]And why do people create spam? I really just dont get it![/quote:1cxt7syx] + 1 I just dont get the point !! More often than not they have the word Image or a link at the bottom of their posts and lately they just post something that another poster has said in that tread word for word !!!for the life of me I just dont understand the point !! GET A LIFE SPAMMERS !!![/quote:1cxt7syx] This is my theory about what they're trying to do... You know the way it's an image - but the image isn't displayed? The URL is there though, so effectively there is a link to the spammer's website. Search engines rank websites higher the more links there are on other websites to the website (obviously there are many other factors, but this is one).
twinbambinos Posts: 3492
[quote="ott":2ml2t5d8][quote="twinbambinos":2ml2t5d8][quote="licious":2ml2t5d8]And why do people create spam? I really just dont get it![/quote:2ml2t5d8] + 1 I just dont get the point !! More often than not they have the word Image or a link at the bottom of their posts and lately they just post something that another poster has said in that tread word for word !!!for the life of me I just dont understand the point !! GET A LIFE SPAMMERS !!![/quote:2ml2t5d8] This is my theory about what they're trying to do... You know the way it's an image - but the image isn't displayed? The URL is there though, so effectively there is a link to the spammer's website. Search engines rank websites higher the more links there are on other websites to the website (obviously there are many other factors, but this is one).[/quote:2ml2t5d8] ah ok get it now thanks OTT!! You would think though that wol should be able to do something about it though...we cant ever say F.U.C.K on this site but yet these f.u.c.k.e.r.s can post this crap all the time and nothing is being done!!! and now they are starting to post new topics as opposed to just replying which means other posters ( who might not be aware they are spammers) are taking time out of their day to respond to their posts which annoys me as there not even real >:o(