We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bfp4me2013 Posts: 760
Whoohoo Posts: 148
I'm going it at the moment and it's brilliant I've lost 2.5 stone and have only gone up once (had to take a break of 16 weeks cos I fractured my foot in 3 places) but I only put on a pound and a half. It was a big step to take and the cost was putting me off too but looking back on it now it was the best thing I've done. Ww never worked for me and tried loads of other diets too but never kept it off
snarf Posts: 104
My friend did it and is still looking amazing over two years later- seems to be definitely worth it if you stick to it, best of luck xx
mymission Posts: 319
I'd be very interested in this too ... any info would be greatly appreciated. I am nearly 5 stone overweight. I've put on 2 stone in the last year - just eating what i want, when i want and how much i want. I've been a total disaster. I have a history of loosing weight on various different diets, ww, nutron (if anyone remembers it), and then I just put the weitht back on again. Thats why I'm afraid of the cost of motivation.ie - I'm scared that I'll put the weight back on again. My weight is really depressing me these days, so I HAVE to do something abot it again. Whoohoo your weight loss is fantastic. Would you mind me asking how long has it taken you to loose 2.5 stone ?? Have you found motivation very very expensive ??? Thanks for any help :thnk
Hi my mission, I was very skeptical of motivation to begin with heard a few people really bad mouth by saying it was brainwashing but I jumped in. You can pay 1/2 of the course when you first join and then depending on what diet your on you buy 1box or 2 boxes of protein supplements and then the other half at week 10, and you can buy the supplements on an American website a bit cheaper. what I've lost so far has taken me about 12/13 weeks and what I find great is they look at why you eat and the emotional side of things which did wonders for me :-)
Thanks for advise. Woohooo - How much has it cost you so far on the programme? Which clinic have you attended? Is the diet v restricted? X
Hi ya I go to the clinic in swords in Dublin, it's 275 per ten weeks and thirty a week for your supplements. It's very strict but not as bad as it seems I'm on three portions of fruit a day plus two carbs and 4/5 pieces of protein and the two supplements and can eat as much free veg as u want and 1 portion of restricted veg a day
Roxanne Posts: 3201
[quote="Whoohoo":3dcarido]Hi my mission, I was very skeptical of motivation to begin with heard a few people really bad mouth by saying it was brainwashing but I jumped in. You can pay 1/2 of the course when you first join and then depending on what diet your on you buy 1box or 2 boxes of protein supplements and then the other half at week 10, and you can buy the supplements on an American website a bit cheaper. what I've lost so far has taken me about 12/13 weeks and what I find great is they look at why you eat and the emotional side of things which did wonders for me :-)[/quote:3dcarido] Can you expalin to me about the protein supplement? It's not a meal replacement plan is it? I was thinking of giving this a try as nothing else is working any more (another WW graduate here) but I was under the impression it was just a healthy eating programme paired with counselling... not sure I like the sound of protein supplement!
What is a protein supplement??? How would you not like the sound of it?? Im new to all this.... Excuse my ignorance!!
The protein supplements range from soups and drinks to nuts, granola and bars they help with sweet and savory cravings in addition with three meals a day and three portions of fruit, I find the granola great for brekkie and a bar in the evening