We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jamseyjo Posts: 1132
zig and zag Posts: 298
Congratulations again missus, hope you have a happy & healthy 9months! But I've been thinking about this too, I'm very lucky my ds was a very good baby he just had a little problem with his wind and when we switched his formula to comfort he was a dream! -I'm not using cotton wool & water for changing baby. This drove me mad especially during the night. Will use water wipes instead. -Make up bottles with boiling water and leave them on the counter and add formula when bottle is needed. -Will probably buy a crate of ready made feeds for the first week. -Same as you regards sterilizing will probably stop around 7-8months -Get out of the house more Can't think of anymore at the moment...
jamseyjo Posts: 1132
zig and zag Posts: 298
[quote="jamseyjo":2ilumx4d] That's how I did the bottles for my lad but we made them every which way at the start including from scratch at 3am feeds - not good and enough to send any marriage towards divorce. [/quote:2ilumx4d] Ha ha ha very true!!!
MrsMOnAMission Posts: 376
I'm with ye on the water wipes - I’ve stocked up already I'll be bringing a dodo into hospital I'll be putting them down to sleep at 7 or 8pm upstairs away from the noise once they hit 6 weeks or so - on DS I was demented string to settle him downstairs with so much going on - all he wanted was the peace and quiet of his own bed I'll try not to worry about every little thing - easier said than done!
MrsMOnAMission Posts: 376
DP
zeus Posts: 553
I was also so lucky to have a dream of a DD first time round! I would like to get out & about more. Found the first time a bit lonely as people dont come to you after a few weeks so Ill have to go to them! Also go out walking as much as possible (weather permittting)! Chill a little more!
Dollydo Posts: 759
I wont listen and try to do, the opinions of others. Our baby, our way. We know best. I was so foolish trying to please everyone Ill go easy on myself, If I cant drive to bring baby to see MIL after 2 weeks well then thats not a crime Its not the end of the world if the house is sanitized and sterilised to high heaven We'll try for an earlyish bedtime routine, we were too lax on ds and it was torture on all 3 of us trying to fix it too late
Sassypants Posts: 4461
If and when we have number 2 on the way I would do the following: Be certain about my dates so I don't have to be induced Ignore PHNs and their damn charts BF for as long as I can (only did 4 weeks on this lad due to PHN and charts!) Ask for more help with BF'ing in hospital Ignore unwanted advice Wean later than 4 months, though he has taken very well to it, I did it cos of pressure.
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
Theres not much I'll do differently, one thing is I will limit OH's familys visiting. I had MIL at my gate a lot (TG for electric gates) He has a big family and I really felt the pressure of having them all to visit early on, I wont be making that mistake again