. - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daisy Row Posts: 3650
[quote="babyforus":qi7fn5vj]God forbid there are any light hearted threads. Jamesy was just using one of those phrases that women often do. Happy to hear it is all going well Jamesy.[/quote:qi7fn5vj] +1 Jamesy I am in the same boat! This is number two for me and definitely notice the bump earlier than the last time. I was getting nervous it could be twins so was relieved to see only one baby on the scan a couple of weeks ago :o0 . Like someone said I'm hoping it will even out a bit later on.
jamseyjo Posts: 1132
amberjack Posts: 1273
"When i started the thread with 'How big am i gonna get?' - i didnt expect an answer cos after all you dont know me and have never seen me." Im curious then as to why you felt the need to start a thread with the question then rather than just a general comment? Motherhood is a wonderful blessing and one to be savoured, no matter how big\small you get and you can always work at getting your body back into shape afterwards. Not everyone can get pregnant and has the chance to grow a little person in them. I fot one spent years trying to conceive my guys which was done in the end through ivf and I wouldnt have cared how big I got once I had the chance to have a baby. Enjoy your pregnancy, not everyone gets the chance to do so :)
Mari yay Posts: 4045
[quote="amberjack":3fan8do7]"When i started the thread with 'How big am i gonna get?' - i didnt expect an answer cos after all you dont know me and have never seen me." Im curious then as to why you felt the need to start a thread with the question then rather than just a general comment? Motherhood is a wonderful blessing and one to be savoured, no matter how big\small you get and you can always work at getting your body back into shape afterwards. Not everyone can get pregnant and has the chance to grow a little person in them. I fot one spent years trying to conceive my guys which was done in the end through ivf and I wouldnt have cared how big I got once I had the chance to have a baby. Enjoy your pregnancy, not everyone gets the chance to do so :)[/quote:3fan8do7] +1 I'm not sure what you were looking for other than just starting a thread just for the sake of it? Only have one baby so can't really comment on bump sizes on number two but I hope I wouldn't be too caught up with it and would try to enjoy it, however I understand that not everyone is the same as that. Perhaps you have your reasons for being anxious about showing too early.
[quote="jamseyjo":2aw375w0]Wow, hormones must be going crazy with some people today, possibly even myself. [/quote:2aw375w0] Obviously [quote="jamseyjo":2aw375w0] All i wanted was perhaps some other 11 weekers who feel similar. [/quote:2aw375w0] Maybe you should put a disclaimer on your threads in future that you just want responses from people who share your opinion?
wowza Posts: 556
[quote="jamseyjo":ydvkyy15][b:ydvkyy15]Wow, hormones must be going crazy with some people today, possibly even myself.[/b:ydvkyy15] Amberjack - do you think i am ungrateful that i am pregnant with a 2nd child or do you think i wrote this thread just to get at women who couldnt get pregnant?? What i didnt want was responses like yours to make me feel even more sh1t than i have already been feeling. Mari yay - Well, i wasnt looking for a response from you for starters. As you say yourself you only have one child so you cant know how you'll feel when you start to pop extremely early with a 2nd. I have my reasons cos i look fat for the last 2 weeks. Is that reason enough or do i need more. Not only am i so sick, tired, fat but i really didnt need all these responses making feel like i am an ungrateful b1tch that i am lucky enough to be preg with a 2nd child. All i wanted was perhaps some other 11 weekers who feel similar. Forget it!!![/quote:ydvkyy15] I think you might be right about the hormones. You do know that this is a public forum and anyone is allowed to answer? And the question wasn't about how anyone felt about showing earlier, but how big you are going to get. I would imagine it's quite likely that Mari Yay has known other women who have had 2nd babies and she may have seen how big they got.
mamajen Posts: 2263
Have you joined a baby train yet on here? If you just want to reach other 11 weekers that is probably the best place to do it rather than starting a thread on it. I know when I was pregnant and using WOL I only posted outside of our train when I wanted general opinions rather than just those at the same stage as me. I'm sorry you are feeling like people are getting at you, but I think you are overreacting a little bit, probably down to hormones like you said.
[quote="jamseyjo":1m1n45l1]As i said, forget it. This place used to be great for bouncing feelings off each other. I didnt have any opinions it was just how i was feeling. Sh1tter than i was before i wrote it thats for sure.[/quote:1m1n45l1] That wasn't the intention, but if you read my first response, all I said was that I wasn't sure what you were looking for when you started the thread, and I understand that everyone feels differently. You were a bit over zealous in your response, so I just defended myself. How do you think your response makes me feel? Or do you think that it's irrelevant just because I didn't agree with you, or did you think I shouldn't have even responded just because I've only been pregnant once? Don't use a question mark if you don't want responses :thnk