. - Page 4

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jamseyjo Posts: 1132
Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
Big swinging mickey. Making one person the receptacle of our angst on the back of a frivolous thread hardly flies the flag for reason either. In advocating for checks and balances, that responsibility cuts both ways. There are threads by their clear and concise titles that translate as skull 'n' bones to me but I occasionall$y have a gander just to p*ss myself off. I did it today. The poster asked a fairly innocuous question under a banner dedicated to the topic at hand. She wasn't trying to upset me. The red flags were up, I should've walked on by, but Easter brings out my inner masochist so I had a red-mist party and thoroughly enjoyed it to the point that it justified a doughnut. No need for any crucifixions unless they're asked requested. This thread isn't one of them.
kj88 Posts: 52
Actually I can see why there is such a negative response to this thread, although im not pregnant nor do I have a child so in the ops eyes that probably disqualifies me from responding! If you post in a public forum you should realise people will disagree and in all fairness your not backwards in coming forwards with your own strong opinions (suggesting someones cruel to go on holidays without their child is just one of them) You do constantly post new threads, and in actual fact a lot of the time theres no major point to them, to be blunt they sometimes seem a bit attention seeking, the only person suffering currently with their hormones is you.
Dovetail Posts: 293
I decide whether to read a thread based on the title and also on who has posted it. Sometimes I choose to read or not read a thread based on who has posted it as I know there are some posters who I enjoy and dont enjoy hearing from. That's how I noticed all your threads in M&K. Your post count is also beside your name - it's very visible.
mamajen Posts: 2263
I think if you hadn't posted about it being cruel to leave a child with their loving grandparents while you take a well deserved break, I probably would have just ignored this thread like I have been doing all your other threads. I do think your reactions to peoples answers have been over the top, nobody suggested you were cruel to be worried about your weight.
amberjack Posts: 1273
Its a public thread and people offer advice and offer opinions and not everyone is going to agree with everyone. As some of the other stated, maybe join a mums to be club - if you havent already and you will find loads of others in the same time frame as you, some on their 2nd, 3rd etc Anyway, as I say, best of luck with the next 29 weeks and try and enjoy them.
wowza Posts: 556
[quote="JLbaby":20uprq1t]Oh so people are counting my posts now??? Are you girls for real? The fact that im a first time mum with a crazy toddler and a baby on the way makes it odd for me to have so many questions. I never EVER thought that this place could get me SO F&^KING upset over a stupid god damn thoughtless thread but thanks anyway girls. Over and out, your all not worth upsetting myself over[/quote:20uprq1t] I'm not counting your posts. I'm going to guess you are posting from a phone or maybe an i pad, where you aren't automatically shown the full forum site, but on the computer it's under everyone's user name how many posts they have. TBH I wouldn't have time to be counting your posts. As for the number of threads you post, on a page where only ten or twenty threads are shown, when one name shows up a few times it stands out. Though again, if you aren't on a computer the names don't show up as obviously (if the show up, I can't remember)
Dovetail Posts: 293
Good point wowza I hadn't copped that
julnextyr Posts: 84
[quote="Dovetail":2b2y3qfk]I decide whether to read a thread based on the title and also on who has posted it. Sometimes I choose to read or not read a thread based on who has posted it as I know there are some posters who I enjoy and dont enjoy hearing from. That's how I noticed all your threads in M&K. Your post count is also beside your name - it's very visible.[/quote:2b2y3qfk] +1 I was beginning to think I was the only one who noticed how many threads were being started, I usually ignore them rather than get annoyed.
wowza Posts: 556
[quote="kj88":2c23aws5]Actually I can see why there is such a negative response to this thread, although im not pregnant nor do I have a child so in the ops eyes that probably disqualifies me from responding! [/quote:2c23aws5] How very dare you even venture into this forum??? I bet you aren't even getting married so you shouldn't be on this site at all. And on top of that you dare post and give your opinion on a public forum? Not on. :cool