. - Page 8

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsPositive Posts: 1548
oh dear, hope you're ok jamseyjo, look we all post stuff sometimes that may come across the wrong way. I posted something a few weeks back about feeding and bottles and one of the girls replied with a smart comment telling me to go and ask my sister, I also got offended and didnt think they had the right to say that. In fact that person has also now 'attacked' jamseyjo. But let them at it .... there are some people on here that post a lot and ask questions that kinda drive me mad too, not you jamseyjo, but one person in particular comes to mind, and she means no harm just curious to get replies and excited about her first baby im sure, so everyone to themselves, like you said you dont have to read if you dont want and if the thread title doesnt interest you or the author then you have every right to ignore it. I understand from both points of view here as to how things could be misconstrued, but really Jamsey didnt deserve the flack she got for the post. It wasnt meant to cause anyone any distress, Live and let live folks, we're here for a good time not a long time!
julnextyr Posts: 84
[quote="Honeypie":o6ny3j3m] JamesyJo I don't know you. But you seem to be a nice enough person who likes to post every question that pops into your head in case someone will have had the same experience. This wrecks my head, I prefer to google, so I don't click on all your posts. But I'm not going to tell you not to do it. I just won't read it because I think sometimes you're wondering out loud and I'll just let you at it. [/quote:o6ny3j3m] +1 to the above, this is exactly how I feel. I really don't think you should feel you have to leave, I don't think anything too negative has been said. You post a lot, that's it. Having said that WOL would be a lot quieter without your posts so carry on. I'm not sure what you meant when you said that WOL had changed, I haven't noticed any major change (it's not as busy I guess), I've been on here for six years under three different names (re getting married and then two pregnancies) so I would be interested to know what you mean. Anyway I hope you are not upset and just take it in your stride.
kj88 Posts: 52
I dont think anyone had a problem with the original post, they were just confused / at a loss as to the logic of it as it was basically not answerable. Original poster became quite childish and insulting with her replies to these posts and went as far as telling one girl her opinion wasnt wanted because she only had one child and therefore her opinion wasnt valid. Thats basically were the problem arose, people pointed out you shouldnt ask questions if you dont like the answers, she then came in under another of her usernames and stuck up for herself stating others were ganging up on her and seemed to think it wouldnt be realised that the two posters are the same person.
mamajen Posts: 2263
[quote="kj88":izpcox4r]I dont think anyone had a problem with the original post, they were just confused / at a loss as to the logic of it as it was basically not answerable. Original poster became quite childish and insulting with her replies to these posts and went as far as telling one girl her opinion wasnt wanted because she only had one child and therefore her opinion wasnt valid. Thats basically were the problem arose, people pointed out you shouldnt ask questions if you dont like the answers, she then came in under another of her usernames and stuck up for herself stating others were ganging up on her and seemed to think it wouldnt be realised that the two posters are the same person.[/quote:izpcox4r] This
Hellinhighheels Posts: 183
Look jamsey, you put up something lighthearted and it all went pear-shaped and there were a few over-reactions on all sides. You're pregnant and have a lively toddler, I'd say you have enough to be doing without being on here stressing about a hair-pulling WOL session, why don't you go on and do something relaxing for yourself. Next week it'll all have calmed down here and you'll be at 12 weeks and able to tell everyone your news anyway. Don't get too het up about online stuff, it isn't worth it. By the way, I've seen loads of women get much bigger on their 2nd pregnancies than they were on their first. (Just hope this is an acceptable opinion, given that I don't even have one of my own yet!!! :wv )
ttc2012 Posts: 661
Im on no.2,17wks tomorrow and at the weekend the looks i got and was told "jaysus your gonna be huge" !!!