We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NotHere Posts: 10273
mila Posts: 698
I posted about this before here: [url:1v2pr2s8]http://www.weddingsonline.ie/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38971[/url:1v2pr2s8] I order non-alcoholic wine for the drivers at my dinner parties - from [url:1v2pr2s8]http://www.vendemiawine.com/[/url:1v2pr2s8]. They're Kilkenny-based, and will deliver to wherever you are! Yum!
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
I know tesco do non-alcoholic wine aswell, haven't tried it tho!
bellabella Posts: 2750
I wouldnt be bothered drinknig it.Why are you getting it? I like wine to but the thought of having my own baby in my arms is enough to make me steer clear of the stuff.
Kellie Posts: 75
Great Idea Newlywed06 , it would be nice to have something to look forward to on a Friday evening, to have a nice glass of wine.. Let us know if you get any information... :lol:
bride may Posts: 435
I bought a bottle of non Alcoholic wine and it was horrible. I love my wine and thought Id try it. It tasted like sweet fruit juice. Has anyone actually tasted it and if they have found one that tastes like wine can they let me know. I took 2 mouthfuls and threw it away.
[quote:oq9jkcp2]Sounds good! Have you tasted it? What is it like?[/quote:oq9jkcp2] It's grand - anyone who has tried it finds it okay. The flavour is a bit "thinner" than the real thing, but I suppose technically I'd call it a de-alcoholised wine rather than alcohol free - it's about 0.3% residual. However, the flavour is thus much more like regular wine, as it is, literally, 'regular' wine with the alcohol removed. I find some alcohol-free "wines" (they're not really wines at all....), are like syrupy fruit juice, and are cloying and just vile - yuck! To be honest, although it's as close to the real thing as I've found, if I couldn't have the real thing during pregnancy, I just wouldn't bother, personally! Fizzy water is the new red wine. For me (these days!) anyway. ;)
Actually, there's a red wine (again, de-alcoholised) called "Ariel Rouge" I think, which you can get in Dunnes. I think it's won a few awards as well. I used this to make mulled wine with, and it was fantastic - couldn't tell the difference between it and regular wine.