We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
..thanks
Chicksy Posts: 709
Could they not play a mixture of both? That way everyone is happy! Since they know how to play both types there shouldn't be a problem. And personally, I'd like them to be dressed smartly. I've been at weddings where the band is in jeans/t-shirts and it just looks off, especially when all the guests are done up to the nines. It doesn't have to be OTT, even just a shirt and trousers can look dressy enough. Thats what I reckon anyway!
seahorse Posts: 78
Aren't you the girl who is spending an absolute fortune on the wedding? If so, I think jeans and t-shirt will look very out of place. Tell them to dress smartly but have whatever music you want.
mrs Posts: 673
Telling the band what to wear??!!! Let the band look after the music, ASK them to play according to the crowd dancing E.G. If guests are all dancing to a waltz play another if not try something different!
seahorse Posts: 78
I thought I read you before talking about how much you were spending. Apologies if that was not you. If you are having a very informal day and not spending alot jeans and t-shirt might look ok.
mrs Posts: 673
Ok sorry that's ok, was getting worried there!!! Then ask them to be smart then they are being respectful to the B & G and to the guests.