Menu

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

smilinpolitely Posts: 573
contented Posts: 2625
[quote="Smilinpolitely":3sptjioq]Think i will run away with the russian circus that is in town at the moment!! So much for Work-Life balance day![/quote:3sptjioq] :o0 :o0 there's an american one in my town if you'd like a choice :o0 :o0 that is awfu though. the one place you'd hope to be appreciated is work. maybe you should do a "go slow" and if the work starts really piling up your boss might get someone. He/She could be oblivious of the pressure you are under. Go forth and fight your corner. :wv
Bubski Posts: 1785
You need to sit your boss down and tell him you cannot cope with this level of work. Its affecting your mental health. Do not do ANY overtime/work through lunch etc as if you keep doing this they will not bother their asses to get more staff - I have been in your situation. Just do your work in the allowed time and that is it. You have a life and you need to let them know this as well. Good Luck
Ally Dick Posts: 563
[quote="Smilinpolitely":3uv4iv2m]Thanks for the replies ladies :wv i really need a holiday...roll on the long weekend[/quote:3uv4iv2m] Why don't you go on a work to rule (just like the Gardai in Ireland are doing) ? Just do your work at a normal pace, take a full hour for lunch, let the work pile up and then let your boss find out about it and do something.