?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CCAF Posts: 502
October_2007 Posts: 937
HI there, didnt want to read and no reply. Answer is simple, no kids will be in the church or at the reception. Why would you brother want his inlaws at the wedding anyway?? October_2007
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
[quote="October_2007":anwqrg4a]HI there, didnt want to read and no reply. Answer is simple, no kids will be in the church or at the reception. Why would you brother want his inlaws at the wedding anyway?? October_2007[/quote:anwqrg4a] I agree, if you want his In-Laws there tell them to make alternantive baby-sitting arangements(NOT YOUR BROTHER) - poor love sounds like he is well under the thumb. [quote:anwqrg4a]Its so frustrating, his wife only wants the kids there so everyone can admire her little baby[/quote:anwqrg4a] Be careful with this line that people don't take it up as you are jealous of a little baby upstaging you on your day - just a bit of advice. Hope you get it sorted with your brother
Esketti Posts: 936
[quote:1487sbla] As if thats not enough then he said to mam do you think I would mind if he brought the kids to the church cos they want to see her getting married..the kids are 8 and 2...as if they have a fucking clue whats going on...... He hasnt asked me any of this yet but i cnat wait until he does, ill tell him exactly what i think of his fucking stupid idea.. Its so frustrating, his wife only wants the kids there so everyone can admire her little baby, she wont be interested in minding her though...fucking bitch! [/quote:1487sbla] The 8 year old would know whats going on? My niece is only 6 and would have been devestated if she wasnt at my wedding. But if your rule is no kids, well then you just have to stress that to your brother again. Tell him you want him to be a part of your wedding day and not sitting in a room all night missing the whole thing because he's minding the kids.
Mrs Ram Posts: 1705
[quote="pander":1vv8nm5t]Its so frustrating, his wife only wants the kids there so everyone can admire her little baby, she wont be interested in minding her though...fucking bitch! [/quote:1vv8nm5t] FFS so what if she is proud of her kids, jesus love get a grip!!
*gone* Posts: 4785
[quote="pander":2lgotd65] And Ram 07 there is nothing wrong wtih being proud of your kids so long as you dont put other people down in the process....so in future keep your shitty comments to yourself..[/quote:2lgotd65] Pander, whilst I understand that your intial post was a rant in the best sense of the word, Ram07 has the right to comment on it as she sees fit - it is a public forum after all and one of the general rules is don't post it if you don't want people to disagree with you.
MRSWJ Posts: 540
I had a no kids rule at our wedding except for my niece and nephew (I have a million and one cousins and couldn't bring everyone). They are the only two grandchildren and I had them as flower girl and paige boy. Just a question but have you not consider this? I know everyone is different but I wouldn't have had my wedding without my niece and nephew (as I said they are the only granchildren so your circumstances might be different) They are or were 3 and 7 and were as good as gold. I invited my brothers future PIL's to the afters and they then took my niece home (nephew was having too much fun) and my brother and his fiancee had a great time and got to stay overnight in the Hotel by themselves. If this is not an option then you need to sit down with your brother and explain to him you grievances with having no kids at your wedding. There is no point going through your mam and having it relayed to you. The best approach is the honest approach. Tell him you want him to share the day with you and be able to relax and enjoy himself without running around after his two kids.
Mrs áthas Posts: 3488
goddness pander no need to be so volatile. i would think is it relitively normal for extended family to come to weddings? my PIL are coming to australia for my sisters wedding next year? However, only you know your own family dynamics, although i do find it strange that your brother would miss you wedding. maybe calm down a bit about it and then have a chat to him about whether they could find other sitters. i think it is nice that your neice and nephew will be there to see you married, and i know that sometimes it is very easy to think that everyone must dance to your tune with the wedding, but they are still after all there to celebrate with you so their needs/obligations have to be considered too