We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

anonymousbridetobe Posts: 1563
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
Well if it were me personally there is no way I would let her bring her sister, f*ck her she has brought this on herself. I really don't think that you should be made have her sister at the wedding and would make that very clear to your mother, its not fair of her to expect you to accomodate someone who is so rude to all the time when it is YOUR wedding.
MRSWJ Posts: 540
God, I could have written your post except its my BIL's girlfriend. She has barely said 6 words to be in 6 years let alone in one visit. Stupid Cow. I can't even sit in the same room as this girl now cause there is always a terrible atmosphere and I feel very uncomfortable in her presence but you have to let these things go. Either tell her exactly how you feel or pretend she's not there. There is NO WAY i would invite her sister to the wedding. Hell would freeze over first. Not much help, just thought I'd let you know you are not alone. :wv
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote:34rsojyf]I keep telling mam I don't want her sister at my wedding and she keeps telling me that she's coming. My mam is paying half of reception. I can't believe that an ignorant and nasty girl who treats me so badly, is also then going to have her sister there too, and friends of mine whose partners I would like to invite, I haven't cos I am worried about the cost. [/quote:34rsojyf] ooo thats a tough one Personally there is no way in hell i would have her there but you are stuck cause your mam is helping pay - what age are these kids that they need minding during the mass?
But she can't really be "Blackmailed" into asking someone she doesn't want (not the right word to use but you get what I mean). I know your mam is paying for half of the reception (and while she's very generous) its your wedding day and surely you should have what you want?? Although, I'm a very stubborn person and I just wouldn't have someone at my wedding that I didn't want there full stop. How do these people (your sil2b) cause soooo much trouble and still come out smelling of roses and your made to look like the bad person cause you don't want this cow's sister at your wedding O:|
. .
[b:2pndusxp]Superstarshejay Wrote[/b:2pndusxp]: [quote:2pndusxp]Mrs WJ, you are right on the money. She is the one who gets away with all the bad behaviour and I am the b*tch cos I won't bend over backwards accommodating her. It's going to cause an awful row if I don't let it happen, and I don't think she is worth my upsetting my mam over. The other point about the wedding too is that a few things I haven't wanted my mam has kinda steam rolled me into, with the response that she'll pay for it and I won't have to worry about it. So there is that aspect here too. [/quote:2pndusxp] I'm sorry but mother paying or not, if I don't want things, i'm not having things. That makes me sound like a very selfish spoiled brat but i'm not honestly. My parents gave us a generous amount towards the wedding and my mam was saying oh you should have X and X and I was like, No I don't want it. MIL was the same with a stupid chocolate fountain saying "oh it will be lovely". Eh I don't care I don't want it. She has to realise that its your day and you have to have what you want otherwise you'll end up resenting her in years to come if there was something particular you didn't want and she made you have it. Good luck :wv P.S Give you SIL2b a good kick up the a s s.[/quote]
./....
Delish Posts: 4176
Yes i sympathise with you. My mother has already said she wants to pay for 1/2 wedding, i know how lovely and generous of her. I do appreciate the financial help. But me and h2b have agreed we will pay for it ourselves for our own sanity sake. As the minute someone very generously offers to pay they start to take over. My mother is close to her youndest brother (10 in their family) so she wants to invite all his kids (4), they are cheeky bleeps to me and i never really see them anyway, so why would i want them there .... sorry hijacking a little here but anyway I know what you mean. You appreciate the help but you still want control of your wedding. I think you should stand up to your mother, catch her on her own and say Mam, i am not happy with so and so being there, they have no time for me on a general basis, they are rude and offensive to me. You are really going to upset me by doing this and we are going to fall out over it, so I think you are taking me for granted by going over my head like this.... That should shock your Mam a little and maybe she needs it, it wont be long till you have your own family and your family are just as important as your brothers family.