Total Mare!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonymous Posts: 24542
I had my NCT booked for today, and was happy that my car would pass, but then disaster struck! I went to the garage to get it washed in one of those automatic washers, about an hour before I was due to take the test. The car wash machine threw me off its tracks and into the wall. My wing mirror is broken off and all the side is scraped to bits...could I have any worse car luck :-(
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
oh no thats terrible, what bad luck - is the garage going to pay for the damage to your car?
Yeah thank god! the manager was really nice about it. As opposed to the car wash attendant who tried to blame me! its just such a pain, I have to get a quote, had to cancel the NCT (the garage will cover the cancellation fees too thank god) give it into them and then wait a few weeks until their head office pay up O:|
aston Posts: 4100
Never actually thought a car wash could do that :eek :eek :eek I would have lost the plot! Did you get an awful shock? Hope you ok :thnk
AnthonyHutton Posts: 2235
was it one of the really long ones where the car is on the conveyor belt thing and is wheeled through each stage?
It was some fright alright. I was just sitting there singing away with the radio and the next thing CRUNCH!
Mrs. Ash Posts: 1168
Aw, you poor pet!! That would seriously piss me off!! At least the garage will pay for the damage, though!! :eek :wv
Thanks Hun :wv I just told the gang at work and they (as all good colleagues do!) are pissing themselves laughing at me :o0 sure if you cant laugh !
xlexi Posts: 595
Oh no you poor thing I think I would have cried!! :o(
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
sure if ya didnt laugh you would cry!! Good the hear they are paying for it! My friend a couple of months back took her boyfriends lovely 05 BMW to the car wash with the intentions of getting it nice and sparkly for him and browie points for her....... Except the guy who washed the car for her had a small pebble in the brush and stratched the Sh*t of the lovely BMW!!! The garage at first would not take responsibilty for the damage as they claimed to have a sign up on the wall "cars washed at owners risk", but luckily my friend new the owner of the garage well and went past management to speak directly to him. He paid for the car to be completely buffed and resprayed..... she never washed her BF's car again!!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0