Totally Off Topic but how to make nice roast potatoes!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Anyone? I don't have goose fat or anything on me at the moment. So ideas please?! :o0 :o0 :o0
streaks Posts: 3592
Par boil them for about 15-20 mins, then into dish, drizzle with olive oil/ salt and pepper and bake till nice and brown. Nicest when cooked with a roast, chicken or lamb are personal favorites :wv
[quote="streaks":298jw0mj]Par boil them for about 15-20 mins, then into dish, drizzle with olive oil/ salt and pepper and bake till nice and brown. Nicest when cooked with a roast, chicken or lamb are personal favorites :wv[/quote:298jw0mj] Super! Thank you! If they turn out nice, I'll throw you one! :o0 :o0 :o0
tassajara Posts: 723
Streaks, I love cooking my roast potatoes that way! I like to add some rosemary and a couple of bashed-up cloves of garlic to the baking tray for a bit of flavour.
Sassypants Posts: 4461
And after they are parboiled shake them, please shake them to make them a bit fluffy, then they get all crispy and delicious.... YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Will do! Thanks ladies!
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Yeah you gotta shake them! Put them in a colander and shake, shake, shake them to break up the outside so they go nice and crispy. Yum!
ott Posts: 3920
Parboil them for a little bit longer than you should and they will go even crispier, give them an extra 5 minutes say. And +1 on the colander. My parents often cook them in turkey fat (my dad is a turkey farmer). My God, they are delicious! Much nicer than duck or goose fat I find.
[quote="ott":18ix5yt8]Parboil them for a little bit longer than you should and they will go even crispier, give them an extra 5 minutes say. And +1 on the colander. My parents often cook them in turkey fat (my dad is a turkey farmer). My God, they are delicious! Much nicer than duck or goose fat I find.[/quote:18ix5yt8] So wierd that you said that! I boiled them for 6 mins longer and shook them. We are having turkey steaks so I used the juices from this and swirled them in the juice, salt and pepper! Just have to wait for H2B to come home from the gym!! The smell is divine and I am starving!!
ott Posts: 3920
[quote="FlexyDee":2xt7gl50][quote="ott":2xt7gl50]Parboil them for a little bit longer than you should and they will go even crispier, give them an extra 5 minutes say. And +1 on the colander. My parents often cook them in turkey fat (my dad is a turkey farmer). My God, they are delicious! Much nicer than duck or goose fat I find.[/quote:2xt7gl50] So wierd that you said that! I boiled them for 6 mins longer and shook them. We are having turkey steaks so I used the juices from this and swirled them in the juice, salt and pepper! Just have to wait for H2B to come home from the gym!! The smell is divine and I am starving!![/quote:2xt7gl50] That's mad! Enjoy!