totally vain question- swimsuit or bikini

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunnyside Posts: 3164
As I'm feeling so sick this morning (and here's me thinking I wasn't doing too bad and now week 12 seems to be my worst yet :o0 ) I thought I'd cheer myself up by thinking of holidays. We are planning a holiday in the sun :o)ll :o)ll in June (will be about 20 weeks please God). What do you think you'd wear -swimsuit or bikini? I wouldn't be too keen on letting it all hang out but I'm wondering if there will be much of a bump by then and if I could get away with a bikini when lying down at least? I know I'll have to be sensible about not getting too hot etc but what's the chances of fitting a bikini at 20 weeks? Totally vain- I told you :o0
Happybridejuly Posts: 95
Sunnyside , I am 22 weeks pregnant and we are flying to Spain tomorrow . I have quite a bump and I love it . I will wearing a bikini I am very proud of my bump and why not . Dont worry jusy let it all hang out and have fun . :wv
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
how about a tankini and briefs ?
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
how about a tankini and briefs ? Edited to say Congratulations!!
happybride let us know how you get on- will definitely bring a bikini anyway. Plaza that's a good idea- might be good if I'm not to confident about letting it all hang out.
ms jolie Posts: 166
I went on hols around the 20 wk mark and planned on wearing a bikini, but when I tried it on it looked terrible, I found the swimsuit gave me a more convincing "pregnant look" and the bikini for some reason just made me look like a slob! Probably depends on your individual bump and the bikini fit though....remember you're not supposed to wear underwired bikinis when pregnant.
ms jolie Posts: 166
I went on hols around the 20 wk mark and planned on wearing a bikini, but when I tried it on it looked terrible, I found the swimsuit gave me a more convincing "pregnant look" and the bikini for some reason just made me look like a slob! Probably depends on your individual bump and the bikini fit though....remember you're not supposed to wear underwired bikinis when pregnant.
babybrain Posts: 592
I'm hoping to go on hols next month and too am wondering bikini v's tankini...I'll be surely sporting a nice bump by then so my question is a little different (sorry for hijacking). Is it ok to tan the bump?? I remember reading somewhere that you should cover the bump when out in the sun? (again differing advice everywhere!). I'll obviously be wearing factor 30 all over as I know us pregnant ladies are more sensitive to the sun, but up until i read that I was definitely heading in the bikini direction. anyone know?
[quote="babybrain":3tldkdof] Is it ok to tan the bump?? [/quote:3tldkdof] Good question babybrain. I presume as long as you don't get too hot and wear lots of sunscreen. I am really looking forward to getting some sun. I look so pale and washed out since getting pregnant. My DH even said to me the other day your face looks a bit yellow :ooh nice eh?! :o0 I think it's cause I'm so pale underneath my foundation that my make-up just looks too false. Can't wait to get a sun kissed glow.