Tramore - any exp?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

candypants Posts: 8575
Im just wondering has anyone any experience of Tramore. looking to go this year with kiddies and havent a clue where to stay. I heard its a great place for kids, but after looking it up on google, it looks kinda boring :-8 Any ideas?
Jeidi Posts: 3128
OK well I'm from Waterford and am so used to Tramore so maybe not the best info coming from me. There's a splashworld swimming pool, horse riding, plenty of places to eat, if the weather is nice all you need is the beach. Plenty of nice walks, 20 mins from Waterford City too. Of course the amusements for the kids to torment you with! Also runamuck, laserblast, pirates cove (or den?) and a pottery barn - all indoor places for kids to play etc.
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
i went a few years ago and we stayed in pebble beach, the houses were spotless and it was in walking distance to the amusements and beach!! the resort is all rented out and they dont have entertainment or anything at night for kids or adults so it was all about amusing yourself, id say there would have to be somewhere better to stay because ive heard lots of people say its great for kids
Jeidi Posts: 3128
yeah actually I wouldnt say there's any night time entertainment, but someone else might know better!
candypants Posts: 8575
Trabolgan any better?
Synergy Posts: 2768
Yes, Trabolgan is the job. I go there every summer with the kids. It's on special offer too at the moment. I normally pay around 700 for the week for a house that sleeps nine. Loads of entertainment, fab pool, crazy golf, arcade, kids clubs, competitions, barney, bob the builder, angelina. The kids adore the place. I like tramore but you'll be robbed from the place and don't think there's much entertainment there. Let me know if you want anymore info.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
We used to go to trabolgan every year as a child. Loved it! Went a few years ago with my siblings and their children.. So much for kids to do.. The pool is brilliant and they turn on waves every so often and there's a slide There's a playground, bowling alley , crazy golf, and kids club every day There's also stuff like archery and go karting as far as I remember And entertainment every night for kids and adults My nieces and nephews have been on so many holidays abroad and said they prefered trabolgan Never stayed in tramore but have been there loads a times for the day.. There's the rides, bingo halls, arcades and the swimming pool
daffodilbaby Posts: 916
We went to Trabolgan this year and it was brilliant. Ds1 was 3 and so much to do. Accommodation is basic but spotless. We went in september and paid €198 for mon - Friday. Great pool, kids loved entertainment provided all day such as arts & crafts, meet and greet with Barney/ fireman Sam/ Angelina ballerina. Teddy bears picnics. Crazy golf, shows every night, indoor pirates den with slides/balls etc, outdoor play grounds. Golf course for daddy's, spa for mammies :lvs We had a blast. Brought food with us so we didn't eat out every night plus when kids go to bed you can have a few drinks O-O way less restricting than hotel. I was looking into Pebble Beach for this year but not sure now, not getting great reviews. Quality hotels also do on site houses so they could be worth a look. I know quality in clonikilty has on site play ground and cinema. Killarney Quality also near the town
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Oh I loved Trabolgan as well, loads to do.
Rogue User Posts: 6101
What about Dingle? It's supposed to be amazing. They did a whole week on it on TodayFm and it sounded like the perfect family Holiday. And for all budgets too. Both of these websites are great for helping you to decide where to holiday in Ireland.