Travel system.how much are you going to spend?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maybemaybe Posts: 46
Just looking at travel systems.how much are you going to spend,some of them are really expensive.bugaboo and icandy are like 900e.maybe its just me but i thinks thats a crazy price.wat does everyone else think
mamajen Posts: 2263
I got a good deal on my uppababy vista in a sale, paid €875, this included car seat and base.
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
I fell head over heels in love with the Bugaboo Cameleon but the travel system was costing e1188 incl car seat & base. I ended up sourcing an EXCELLENT 2nd hand buggy (inlcuding many extras footmuff, parasol, cup holder, bags clips etc) from a wonderful wollie here and paid e420 and going to get our car seat & base tonight in Mother care sale for e260 so in total I saved over e500 :eek :eek :eek :eek I'm sure I could get a car seat /base 2nd hand aswell but I just don't want to take a "safety risk" with car seat. Have a look on donedeal.ie adverts.ie rollercoster.ie for great bargains. No one I've shown our buggy to can believe its second hand
libramoon Posts: 2402
maybemaybe, we weren't keen on spending €900 plus on a travel system either so we went for the Graco Symbio which is on offer in Smyths for €399 at the moment. It comes with the car seat and carry cot. We are happy with our choice anyways and Smyths also have a Baby Elegance Beep travel system on offer for €349 which is meant to be good too.
Elizabeth Bennett Posts: 682
I have my heart set on the icandy which DH is happy with too. There were a lot of them he wouldn't even consider just going by looks(not manly enough apparently). I might try finding a second hand one but we have budgeted for about 1000 euro.
FoundHome Posts: 1753
Elizabeth Bennett if you are interested in an iCandy I'd check the waiting periods for it now as they have limited stock due to a number of robberies. ... _icandy_hq Break in at the iCandy HQ Added: 26 April 2012 Last night iCandy HQ became the third recent iCandy robbery victim. The warehouse was broken into and an amount of iCandy products were stolen from our warehouse! The first victim was Baby Box in Wales, followed on by our Irish distributor’s full iCandy consignment being stolen from the back of a truck and now iCandy HQ itself. We ask everyone to aid us in catching these culprits by making it difficult for them to sell our stolen iCandy products on. We want everyone to turn in to Miss Marples and use their Facebook and Twitter pages to broadcast what has happened and make life as uncomfortable as possible for these unscrupulous characters! Please only purchase an iCandy product from an authorised iCandy stockist as purchasing though a non-authorised stockist will mean it will not be sold with a warranty so anything could have been done to them before they are delivered to an unsuspecting recipient. Additionally all iCandy products are serial numbered. iCandy pushchairs and carrycots are not sold online therefore products should not be able to be purchased by online means. This of course is sad news however we will continue to deliver products to our stockists as quickly as possible. We understand our products are currently in high demand, we just didn’t realise people were that desperate for iCandy that they would physically go through a brick wall! If anybody comes across any suspicious selling of iCandy products please email the details into . Thank you, and let’s stop these culprits now!
FoundHome Posts: 1753
Meant to say I have an iCandy and we love it :)
mamajen Posts: 2263
[quote="libramoon":31frh8cj]mamajen, we weren't keen on spending €900 plus on a travel system either so we went for the Graco Symbio which is on offer in Smyths for €399 at the moment. It comes with the car seat and carry cot. We are happy with our choice anyways and Smyths also have a Baby Elegance Beep travel system on offer for €349 which is meant to be good too.[/quote:31frh8cj] I'm 6ft 3 and all the other travel systems were much lower down that the uppababy vista which is why we went with that one - really couldn't believe the difference in the height, the beep was actually my second choice.
BestXmas Posts: 461
[quote="libramoon":1vqtlb7e]mamajen, we weren't keen on spending €900 plus on a travel system either so we went for the Graco Symbio which is on offer in Smyths for €399 at the moment. It comes with the car seat and carry cot. We are happy with our choice anyways and Smyths also have a Baby Elegance Beep travel system on offer for €349 which is meant to be good too.[/quote:1vqtlb7e] This is an excellent deal, we got it on offer in Smyths too but think it was closer to 550 at the time, have seen the very same travel system in other shops for between 650 and 800!!!
Elizabeth Bennett Posts: 682
Thanks foundhome, must look into it soon then. DH wants to wait until after 21 week scan next week. O:o)