Travelling down to Cork at 37 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tigletts Posts: 2904
Girlies... I was thinking of taking the train down home next week, my Dad isn't well, and I'd like to see them before I give birth as I don't know when I'll get down again. DH will be working, so I was thinking of just going down for the day. I'm a bit nervous that my waters will break halfway down or something and I'll be stuck in Cork. Am I being silly?!
boobies Posts: 1625
i think id chance it Tigletts especially if your dad is not well. But it really depends on how you are feeling yourself on the day. Im sure if your waters do break there will be plenty of time to get you back home
willthiswork Posts: 1995
Its ok, they have doctors and hospitals and everything in Cork!
[quote="Willthiswork":28y53qxf]Its ok, they have doctors and hospitals and everything in Cork![/quote:28y53qxf] I know that !!!! I wasn't being funny honestly. What I meant was having to give birth down in Cork with DH up here, you know what I mean, I'm nervous enough without having to change environment too. Sorry, guess I'm being silly :-8
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
[quote="Willthiswork":2vnmovdr]Its ok, they have doctors and hospitals and everything in Cork![/quote:2vnmovdr] Cheers I just spit my tea all over my computer :o0 I'd say you'll be fine Tigletts, and if you're dad's not well I would make the trip try and rest all the way you'll be fine!
willthiswork Posts: 1995
I know, I'm just in a silly mood! Seriously though, if you do go into labour in Cork your parents are there and your husband will most likely make it down there before you even start pushing. You'll be fine!
I suppose on the upside, I would get to try out the new hospital in Cork :o)ll
Lady Di Posts: 2487
I would probably risk it Tiggs if my Dad was sick, but do it as soon as you can. Like I wouldn't leave it any later!
ros Posts: 749
You will be grand Tigletts. No chance of you going into early labour? You would have the signs, baby would have dropped and you'd be having some contractions etc. So if you've been monitored and to your doc then you should just go. I travelled from Europe to Ireland when I was 36 weeks, by Car & ferry and it took 24 hours and it was grand, travelling back at 37 weeks was grand too. Great that you're taking the train as you can move around if you're feeling uncomfortable.
breeze Posts: 1175
Would you fly down. It only takes about 1hr and youll be here in no time. Just an idea.