treadmills

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

May09Bride Posts: 1050
I thought I better get my butt into gear and shift a few stone of laziness so that I can go dress shopping by the summer time!! Just wondering if someone had any good tips/ideas for the treadmill, I have one and just thought I would walk for 30mins whislt watcing TV. Should I be chnaging my pace, or trying to jog, any WOL have a treadmill or can give any advice on a pure novice here!! Thanks :thnk
Senorita Posts: 3413
Hi there, I don't have a treadmill at home, but I do use one in the gym, and I think it's the best piece of equipment (for me anyway). I run about 5-6 kms 3 times a week. It takes a while to build up, so my advice to you is, begin your workout by walking at a good pace, and after about 5 mins, increase your speed, and maybe up the incline slightly. Take your speed up and down, for the 30 mins. In a week or two, increase your speed to a jog, and do this for a few mins, going from walking to jogging to walking. You'll soon build up your stamina, and you'll be jogging/running longer and longer. Running really is such a great way to loose the lbs and tone up. Best of luck :thnk
milis Posts: 7998
All of the above :o0 but if you decide to keep walking you would have to be walking for an hour for it to be of any real weightloss benefit. Going up hill is great for the legs and bum too.
Thanks Senorita and Mills, I have mytreamill in the spare room and I have been walking at a good spead for 35 mins, I only ran for 1 min (sad i know)... but i am going to keep with if, I am actually liking it. So heres to keeping it up Thanks for replying :thnk :thnk
MrsK07 Posts: 454
There is an article in this months edition of Zest magazine that has a run/walk 10 week programme included in it. I'm on week 3 of it and starting to really work up a sweat. It claims that at the end of it you would be able to run 5km's but if it tones me up that will do just fine. :wv
Senorita Posts: 3413
[quote="May09Bride":suxrf1yy]Thanks Senorita and Mills, I have mytreamill in the spare room and I have been walking at a good spead for 35 mins, I only ran for 1 min (sad i know)... but i am going to keep with if, I am actually liking it. So heres to keeping it up Thanks for replying :thnk :thnk[/quote:suxrf1yy] Good woman, keep it up and you'll really see results. :thnk
thanks a mill ladies, I hope i keep it up now. Will keep an eye out for Zest magazine too. Will keep in touch :thnk
Alluring Posts: 929
Hi May09Bride I have a treadmill at home too in the spare room where I can watch TV so I don't get bored. Can you tell me are you on it for 30 mins everyday? I am only managing about 2 or 3 days but this probably not enough.