Menu

Tree slices - table decor

Go to DIY

Sin16
Mini Wolly

Tree slices - table decor

Postby Sin16 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:43 am

Has anyone the experience of using tree slices as table decor for your wedding.

The idea seems and looks lovely on pinterest but in reality I wonder what a real wedding looks like with them. No point in going to all the effort if they didn't work well.

Our venue has candelabras we can use and I really like them. I am thinking of putting one on a tree slice with 3 different decorated jars around. They will be decorated with hessian, lace and jute twine and some tea lights inside. Is this far too much??

They also have mirrors I could put a candelabra on which is another option.

LadyLizzie
Wolly Addict

Re: Tree slices - table decor

Postby LadyLizzie » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:27 pm

It sounds lovely & rustic, however I would be wary of having them very thick / too high up and blocking the view across the table for guests. This can happen with big candelabras too.

Mirrors might be easier & no issues with blocking views across the table.

I have been at a wedding where the guest names were painted onto small tree branch slices for place settings & they were fab, most guests seemed to keep them. I know I brought ours home. The groom was an arborist / tree surgeon so he made them all.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Sin16
Mini Wolly

Postby Sin16 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:46 pm

If we do use a tree slice it wouldn't be thick maybe 5 cms or so, just to put a candelabra on top of. If we use mirrors would also be to put the candelabra on top. The name places sounds lovely. Wouldnt be that skilled.

ThatGeekBride
New Wolly

Postby ThatGeekBride » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Sin16 wrote:If we do use a tree slice it wouldn't be thick maybe 5 cms or so, just to put a candelabra on top of. If we use mirrors would also be to put the candelabra on top. The name places sounds lovely. Wouldnt be that skilled.

If you know someone who can do up a single tree slice for you, bring it down to the hotel and ask them can you try it out on a table with the candelabra to check the height. I can only imagine the hotel will be happy to help out - I know mine said we could come down any time and check stuff out, they even offered to set up the ceremony room for us once we rang them in advance. I'm doing the name/place holder thing with little wooden circles like someone above suggested but I am burning the wood rather than painting it :hyper:

Sin16
Mini Wolly

Postby Sin16 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:40 am

That's a good idea. I have my table numbers made up so i might head down with all my table bits and see how it looks.

Go to DIY