Menu

tripped and fell today!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Salander Posts: 1639
was at a haymaking festival was great crack, but managed to find a big hole to put my foot in - fell on my hands and knees, dont think i hit the bump though. got the girls from st johns ambulance to check for heartbeat cos I couldn't feel any movement think baby was sleeping. have since had some kicks so the baby should be ok now? should i do anything else? feel like such a tool!
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Gosh nyota - you must have got such a shock. Sounds like you're okay though, and I think our babies are better protected than we are for such knocks, trips and falls, as they're well cushioned by the amniotic fluid. If the heartbeat was okay and you're getting normal movement, I'd guess your baby is getting on with life as normal. You, on the other hand, should take it easy!!
thanks sunsparks i did get a fright all right and was watching where i walked afterwards! think i will just veg out tomorrow - not that i need an excuse!
Duffers Posts: 1841
Oooh....just wanna say hope you're ok.
miracle_baby Posts: 798
Hope all is ok, its every pregnant woman worst fear to fall :xox
aw thanks! feeling ok today - everytime i panic that im not getting movement baby gives a huge kick! yay!!! dancing on my inards while i eat my brekkie. never thought i would be so glad to feel it. :wv
theoracle Posts: 7664
if you had a knock to your bump and are rh-, see your gp. but if only hands and knees got it, you should be fine.
yeah think it was just the hands and knees - my bump isn't too big yet so i think it was well out of the way, just had a bit of a panic, haven't been told im rh- so presume im not?
theoracle Posts: 7664
It should be in your notes, but for future reference, maybe just ask whether you are rh- so that you know whether you need to report any falls or bumps. Glad you didn't get hurt seriously, it is such a worry whenever something happens! I walked into a number of doors and pieces of furniture with my bump, you also get clumsier as you get bigger!
just checked my card and none of the blood stuff is filled out! will ask at my hosp visit next week.