Trouble Sleeping

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs gerard Posts: 1669
Girls I only got my BFP last monday and i dont think ive slept a full night since, im awake all night long, and im sooo tired. did anyone else have this? i cant seem to switch my brain off! :-8
candypants Posts: 8575
I did for about a week, i think its just all the excitement and its always on your mind. I was the same when we booked the wedding, couldnt sleep and couldnt think of anything else.
Diva30 Posts: 286
[color=darkblue:36n9060d]I had trouble sleeping as well mainly because I was going to the loo every few hours and couldn't get back to sleep afterwards ... It's better this week though and my sleeping pattern is gone by to normal - let's hope you will be more settled next week and get back to your normal sleep pattern![/color:36n9060d]
mrs gerard Posts: 1669
thanks for your replies girls, fingers crossed it will settle down, i look like death here and im ready to fall asleep! :o0
justwed09 Posts: 2349
i have found it impossible to get a decent nights sleep since last week, think i keep on waking between dreams to either go to the loo or have stuff on my mind. have baby stuff on my mind all weekend so maybe thats it. try and relax before you go to bed with a cup of warm milk it might help doze you off.
LynnieMac Posts: 29
Oh yes indeedy - haven't had a full night's sleep since we found out nearly 3 weeks ago. I wake up around 1am or 3am for a little while, then I'm awake from 6 or 6.30 and can't get back to sleep. I read in 'What to Expect' that it's very common in pregnancy, possibly because your body needs to get used to not having a full night's unbroken sleep once baby arrives. I'm zonked though!
valentine09 Posts: 681
Yes I had it also. It is so head wrecking as you are so tired but there is so much going around in your head. I still have it every now and again. Last night I was dreaming about the floods, after seeing the poor people in Kildare upto their waists in water.
miracle_baby Posts: 798
I can't remember the last time I got a full nights sleep must have being before I was pregnant. I can't sleep on one side for too long always have to change sides also go to the loo loads. Oh well the joys of pregnancy :o0
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
hun, perfectly normal, im still not sleeping, wake at least 3 times a night O:| peeing like mad also :eek I find when i get home from work, i go for a lie down for about an hour. and at the weekend im like a koala bear!! :o0 Hope u get some sleep soon :xxx
Allure Posts: 220
I haven't had a proper nights sleep since I got my BFP. It's that i'm uncomfortable ( have always slept on my tummy and physically can't do that now). Having terrible nightmares everynight - i'm so tired.